PDA

View Full Version : M-Series Wiring Questions

Reckless
03-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Hi Guys
I have a HDTC with the M2/M1/M1 in 4-conductor cable configuration on a 5-way pull adds bridge set-up.
I have an old M3 pickup with a 2 core (red & black plus shield ) which I’m thinking about trying out as follows
Bridge – M3 2 core conductor
Middle – M1 4 core conductor
Neck – M2 4 core conductor
Would this set-up work and if so, would I lose any functionality or flexibility ? Also, how should I wire it ?
Many thanks for your help.:)

tom
03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
i don't believe we ever shipped them with 2 conductor wire, but if it's on right it will work fine. since you have an m2, the m3 should be wired the same on the back. black and red should be in the same placeas the m2, then jump the terminals where the green and white would go together. wire to the controls same as what's there and you're good to go. everything will work the same. you didn't mention a bridge splitter, so all should be good. if it had a bridge splitter, you would just have to send a wire from the green and white jumped terminals.

Reckless
03-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Tom,
Thankyou for your prompt response.
The current set-up does indeed have a bridge splitter.
The M3 pickup does not have green and white cables. It only has red, black an a braided shield. It also has an orange cable that is jumpered diagonally across the 2 slugs at the back of the pick-up.
I will have a closer look this weekend and try to fit it using your suggestions.
Many Thanks

tom
03-11-2010, 11:11 AM
if you run a single conductor from that orange wire you can use it for the split wire.

Reckless
03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks again Tom - you've been a great help.:)

Reckless
03-12-2010, 08:14 AM
A quick update Tom. I fitted the new M3 as per your instructions and it worked a treat ! Thanks again - it's much appreciated,:)