PDA

View Full Version : B5 for M1, M1, and M3

Hollow Cobra S
05-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi Roy and Tom,

Can you explain how the B5 works with 3 Minis?
Thanks.

tom
05-20-2004, 03:13 PM
the splitter works on the bridge pickup in all but the bridge only position. the 5 way and add bridge push pull are normal.

Roy (maybe)
05-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I was speaking with Roy and he explained to me that a B5 for M-Series works like this.

For the sake of discussion let’s call “position 1” the neck position.

The Push/Pull on the tone control is an Add-Bridge Switch that adds the bridge pickup to the 1 and 2 positions only.

The mini-toggle switch is a Master Bridge Splitter switch that works in positions 1-4—allowing you to split the bridge pickup for use with all combinations—but position 5. The Master Bridge Splitter is overridden in position 5. So, when you flip the 5-Way switch to position 5 you are at full power at the bridge—always. This allows for full-power humbucker soloing on the bridge pickup with one quick throw of the 5-Way—no matter where the Master Bridge Splitter switch is set.

(series) means both coils of the pickup linked together in a series wiring. This is traditional humbucking wiring.

(split) means one side of humbucker shut off for weaker single coil sound.

We opt not to allow M1s to split since they are already clear enough running in series.

So the 5-Way works like this:

Position 1: Neck (series)

Position 1 with Push/Pull up: Neck + Bridge (Neck series, Bridge split or series with toggle)

Position 2: Neck + Middle (series)

Position 2 with Push/Pull up: Neck + Middle + Bridge (Neck + Mid series, Bridge series or split with toggle)

Position 3: Middle (series)

Position 4: Middle + Bridge (Middle series, Bridge series or split)

Position 5: Bridge (Series [full power] only)

Most importantly…Have fun and Happy Playing. Thanks for being an Anderson Guitar Player!

Roy (maybe)

Hollow Cobra S
05-22-2004, 08:55 AM
Thank you so much, Roy. I have a question that is not relevent to the pickups. My local guitar store has a used Cobra for sale. It looks gorgeous and plays great. However, there are two cracks along the neck pocket. Have you seen these on any Anderson guitars? Are they serious problems? Can they be fixed? And what might have caused them? Thanks, again.

tom
05-22-2004, 03:45 PM
we've seen it a fair amount of times. it can be caused by over drying, a side jolt to the neck, a dropped case. non of which are a big problem. it has always just been a finish crack, not the wood. because the neck fits tight, there is no room for movement.

dannopelli
05-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Roy (maybe)
Hi,

I was speaking with Roy and he explained to me that a B5 for M-Series works like this.

For the sake of discussion let’s call “position 1” the neck position.

The Push/Pull on the tone control is an Add-Bridge Switch that adds the bridge pickup to the 1 and 2 positions only.

The mini-toggle switch is a Master Bridge Splitter switch that works in positions 1-4—allowing you to split the bridge pickup for use with all combinations—but position 5. The Master Bridge Splitter is overridden in position 5. So, when you flip the 5-Way switch to position 5 you are at full power at the bridge—always. This allows for full-power humbucker soloing on the bridge pickup with one quick throw of the 5-Way—no matter where the Master Bridge Splitter switch is set.

(series) means both coils of the pickup linked together in a series wiring. This is traditional humbucking wiring.

(split) means one side of humbucker shut off for weaker single coil sound.

We opt not to allow M1s to split since they are already clear enough running in series.

So the 5-Way works like this:

Position 1: Neck (series)

Position 1 with Push/Pull up: Neck + Bridge (Neck series, Bridge split or series with toggle)

Position 2: Neck + Middle (series)

Position 2 with Push/Pull up: Neck + Middle + Bridge (Neck + Mid series, Bridge series or split with toggle)

Position 3: Middle (series)

Position 4: Middle + Bridge (Middle series, Bridge series or split)

Position 5: Bridge (Series [full power] only)

Most importantly…Have fun and Happy Playing. Thanks for being an Anderson Guitar Player!

Roy (maybe)

So that's how this friggin thing works! Ugh! (LOL!):p