PDA

View Full Version : VA7 query

jameshanly
02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I'm wanting to buy a set of VA7's for an old Fender Squire of mine. Firstly, should I buy a reverse wound for the middle pup and if so where can I purchase such a set?

Secondly, I'm also wanting to completely replace the wiring, 5-way switch and pots with quality hardware. What do you recommend to complement your pups?

Thanks
James
(Australia)

tom
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
www.magdonmusic.com has a good stock of pickups and can get them to you.
allparts.com should be able to supply you with all the other components. cts or alpha pots are good. cts are stiffer, alpha smoother. they will also have an oak or centrallab switch.

jameshanly
02-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the link for magdonmusic.com. They don't appear to list the VA range on their site. I made an email enquiry via their website but it got returned with an error?

Are you aware of any other distributors/sellers?

Thanks kindly
James

dannopelli
02-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Is this the address you used?

jack@magdonmusic.com

You can also PM here. He is on the forum.

jameshanly
02-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes, that's the address. The error msg indicates inbox is full. I'll PM. Thanks

jameshanly
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Apologies, but how do I PM this person?

Ray K.
02-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi James, Welcome to the Anderson Forum which is sponsored by Jack Gretz at Magdon Music! :)

To PM (Private Message) Jack, scroll to the top of this page. Look for the "Members List" link and click on it. Next, click on the letter "J." Scroll down until you find Jack Gretz in the User Name column. Click on his name, which will take you to his Profile page. Scroll down and look for "Contact Info" on the right hand side. You'll see a link there to "Send a private message to Jack Gretz"

Also, you can click on anyone's name in a post and it will take you to their profile page.

Btw, I personally love the sound of Tom's VA pickups!

Ray K.