PDA

View Full Version : Gotw...

andersonguy
05-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Got it!
Wife ran into the UPS man early and picked it up so I had it about an hour earlier than expected.:)
Only can give first impressions at this point as much play time is needed.
You guys know how it is, You get the box and sit it down, get a knife and slowly cut the tape. Slide the case out, this is the moment you have waited so long for.
When I opened the case, I expected a very cool guitar.
What I got was the most unbelievable guitar I could have laid eyes on. I know Roy gets the color very close but this is beyond what any picture could capture.
Every guitar has its own personality and no two are the same so when you pick your new guitar up for the first time it is always different then you expect. I dont know if it is just the amazing setup Bruce did or the way this guitar came together but when I picked it up and strummed a few chords, I was blown away at the way it felt. I have never had one quite like this. It feels fantastic in the hands, and the chords ring out. This is before I plugged it in!!
I will post a review on the wonderfull sounds from the M series in a few days after I have had time to really put it through its paces but what a guitar!
Thanks to all the Anderson staff for yet another masterpiece!

AG

bruce
05-15-2004, 11:52 AM
YAY!!!

GASMAN
05-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Looking forward to your review of those pickups.
Congrats man! What a beautiful guitar.

BrownDog
05-15-2004, 02:54 PM
I too am looking forward to the tone report. Enjoy!

With tone and oneness, Mike.

dannopelli
05-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Great for you!

tom
05-15-2004, 11:56 PM
something just occured to me. the thing i don't like about vintage style single coils is the string pull of the alnico magnets. i can feel the pickups slowing down the vibration of the strings. the m's are super low in magnetic strength, which makes the guitar feel more alive.

bruce
05-16-2004, 04:21 AM
Alive..... yeah, that's it..

andersonguy
05-16-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by tom
something just occured to me. the thing i don't like about vintage style single coils is the string pull of the alnico magnets. i can feel the pickups slowing down the vibration of the strings. the m's are super low in magnetic strength, which makes the guitar feel more alive.

That may explain the increased sustain? :)

AG

nickdahl
05-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Wonderful news. I love the color.

Nick

dannopelli
05-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by tom

You know I still find the m's quite loud. Not as loud as an H, but still powerful. in fact my Cobra neck M1 is a bit louder than my HDT SAR1.

tom
05-16-2004, 03:55 PM
yes danno they are more powerful, and yes ag that would contribute to sustain. i think what i find so enjoyable about the m's is that they really let the guitar speak without limiting what it can say by not producing certain frequencies. they have great top end without being pointy or hard, and the little extra output just drives in a very responsive way.