PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Richmond...

Wbb
05-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I've owned and been a fan of Tom Anderson guitars for four years, and have enjoyed browsing this forum for several days ever since a friend sent me the link.

I play a 2000 Butterscotch Hollow T Classic into a Dr Z Maz Jr.

I called my favorite local music store one day and asked the guy what he had in stock that was "real special" I was told to come in and try out a Tom Anderson. When I arrived, someone else was playing it so I waited about 30 minutes to finally pick it up. I was so impressed I bought it on the spot and it's been my number 1 ever since (which is a record for me).

The guitar was shown in Anderson's Cal NAMM booth in 2000 and then sent to Richmond. I have a picture I keep in the guitar case with it sitting beside Pete Anderson, which is always a good conversation piece.

Anyway, looks like a good informational forum and I look forward to some good reading.

Bill

Stan Malinowski
05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the forum! There are a few other forumites who reside in your area who I am sure will identify themselves.

tom
05-13-2004, 02:48 PM
we lovingly call richmond "butterscotch hollow t classic music" around hear. they seem to really like those.

Scott Peterson
05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Not from your part of the country - but hello from Michigan!

Donk70
05-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Hello from Ohio and welcome aboard.

dannopelli
05-13-2004, 11:20 PM
Hey Bill! Danno here. I am from Midlothian, just outside of Richmond. I do a lot of business at RM, and got a couple of Andys there. Playing my new Cobra at Bogarts Tuesday and Poes Wednesday. Ask Dave T. about me. Maybe we can hook up for a beer! There's a whole bunch of Richmond Adny owners out here!

Wbb
05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Hey Danno,

Isn't Bill Kirchen at Poes next Wednesday? I may be making that show, so if you're opening I'll be sure to say hi. I'm actually just down the road from you in Powhatan.

Bill

Casper
05-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Hey Bill,
Shaun here. I also live in Powhatan! Your rig sounds boss! I am partially responsible for Kip taking on Anderson guitars. I have been playing Toms stuff exclusively for almost 15 years now. There are at least 4 people on this board from the Richmond area. Chat me back and let me know about where you live, hell we may have run into each other at Frisbees or Perrins BBQ..
L8R

Wbb
05-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Shaun,

I was at Perrin's just last week! Great BBQ.

I see from your profile you play guitar with Casper. I haven't seen you guys, but I have heard many good things about your band over the years. Very impressive website!

I've played in a little local band "Backstreet" for 12 years. We do mostly private parties around Powhatan, some gigs at Frisbys, Bucs, Caddys.... I'm also playing in a new group (no name yet) doing old Hank Williams, Byrds, F Burrito Bros, etc...very appropriate music for a Hollow T Classic!

Thanks for helping to bring the TA line to RMC. I'm glad to see Kip is continuing to get more and more cool gear in his showroom.

Bill

Casper
05-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Bill, thanks for the kind words about the band, I'll let you know when we are out in public so you can come and hang. I'd love to see that smoking rig of yours too. Let me know when you come to Frisbys or Caddys again. I'm 2 minutes from Frisbees, 15 from Caddys or Bucs. I would love the opportunity to play in a side project, your stuff sounds cool, I work about every weekend though. Love to see you guys if I'm off. Lets hook up sometime..
I've already met the great Danno through this board and a few other cool kats too.
Shaun

Class5
05-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Some very good players here in Richmond. I'd like to join the rank someday :D funny story: Playing at the Zoo Bar up in DC one Thursday night with Flatfoot Sam and the Educated Fools. Fella from Portugal blows in and sits in with the band. Guess what he's playing? You guessed it. TA droptop.

dannopelli
05-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Wbb
Hey Danno,

Isn't Bill Kirchen at Poes next Wednesday? I may be making that show, so if you're opening I'll be sure to say hi. I'm actually just down the road from you in Powhatan.

Bill
Actually it is Potters Pub Wednesday. Bogarts Tuesday. Sorry.

Wbb
05-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Potter Pub, nice club...been awhile since I've been there.

Is anyone going to the Richmond Music extravaganza this afternoon?

dannopelli
05-17-2004, 09:59 AM
I am going to try to stop by.

Casper
05-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Whats going on at Kip's place today?

Wbb
05-17-2004, 11:17 AM
They've been hyping a big sale this afternoon on the Planet, a Gibson trailer is there now, not sure exactly what Kip has on tap. I'm meeting Bill Roberts of "Cat Daddy" there at 5:30. If anyone from this forum shows up, please come up and ID yourself!:-) I'm the tall guy wearing a green "Luck Stone" shirt.

Casper
05-17-2004, 12:23 PM
I have to rush home on Mondays, I teach a few guitar students in my house, so I will unfortunately have to miss. Tell Bill Roberts I said hey! My friend Tim plays guitar in his new project. He's an absolute monster musician.
BTW, do you work for Luckstone? I am going to be needing some stuff for the house if you do...
L8R

Wbb
05-17-2004, 12:44 PM
Shaun,

That's too bad. I'll tell Bill you said hi. I assume you're talking about the Kingpins. He's working in 3 (4 if you include occassional Jam Junkies) different bands now, busy man! Catch you next time.

Bill

Casper
05-17-2004, 12:50 PM
No need to reply, I was actually referring to "the Rayguns" with Bill on drums. Have you seen them yet? Lots of fun. A few of my other buds are in that band too. I don't see how that dude does it.? Hes a monster on any instrument he picks up!

Let me know when I can catch your band. I need to catch Danno's project too. When you live out in the stix like we do, its hard to plan a trip into town...know whut I mean, Vern'??Catch you soon

Wbb
05-17-2004, 07:31 PM
It was a nice event. Gibson had a bunch of guitars there, ho hum.

The highlight for me was plugging a 2004 Butterscotch Hollow T Classic (what else?) into a $2900.00 Bad Cat...holy heck, what a great sounding and looking amp! I noodled on that awhile, Kip gave me an RMC (Harley Davidson lookalike) T shirt, and then I was on my way home.

Now I have major GAS for the Bad Cat!

Class5
05-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Some nice pieces. I made a big mistake and tried out a Fulltone boost pedal. Very nice, wish it didn't cost a buck-eighty.

Wbb
05-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Class5: Looks like most decent pedals are getting into the $200.00+- range. One I have my eye on is a Menatone Blue Collar. Mike McAdam of Good Humor, etc, is using one and it sounds great. Of course anything Mike plays sounds great :-)... another friend has one on order. My current pedal board is only a TU-2 and Carl Martin compressor I use as a solo boost. For the most part I can get enough drive to suit me on the Z without using an OD pedal.

Shaun: My old band is doing all private functions this summer. But the new "old country" group I recently joined is booked at Bucs Friday June 25. If anything changes I'll let you know. Otherwise if you're not out playing yourself, please drop by and lets hang out and talk some gear. You too Danno!

Casper
05-19-2004, 12:25 PM
We are (as of today) not working that Friday night in June. I will put it on the calendar! Love to see your rig in action. I need to pick up some country licks anyway. Our leader wants us to learn some country tunes. Did you see Brad Paisley and John Mayer on Cross roads (CMT)?. Maaan those cats can wail!
Laterr

Class5
05-19-2004, 12:27 PM
If my job doesn't have me out in the boonies somewhere, I'll try to stop in. Thanks for the heads up!!

tmihm
05-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Welcome from PA, Bill. Good to have you on board.

Terry

njjessee
06-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey Wbb!

Just down the road in Chester. I too have a butterscotch hollow t classic, 2003 edition and also have a photo shot of Pete Anderson with the htc in the background. Also have a cobra, hollow classic and crowdster.... well the crowdster is on order!

Welcome!

Noah

Class5
06-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Well, I think congratulations are in order for Danno. His band took 4th place out of 60 some bands.

Wbb
06-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks Noah. Nice gear you have...especially the Hollow T! :-) I drove through Chester Tuesday.

Yes, congrats to Danno. There were some fantastic bands he was up against (Modern Groove Syndicate for one) and they pulled out a 4th place...great job!

John Price
07-08-2004, 08:44 AM
A big HELLO From PA!
;)

Class5
07-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey, another guy from "Pee- A". Is anybody still living there?

tmihm
07-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I am.....:cool:

Class5
07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Me too, originally. Finleyville, to be exact.