PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, Gibson in trouble

Jimmy-Sekshun8
11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.wztv.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.tn/38d3f0f8-www.fox17.com.shtml

thefunkyone
11-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Awww poor Gibson.

I'll shed a tear for them while I'm ripping it up on my Andy tonight.

(sarcasm much?) :)

mdrs
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Let's not be hasty...........No one at Gibby is indited as of yet.

Tom will know the details better than I, but I recall that about a year or more ago, PRS was in a similiar spot........feds impounded some of their Braz and some guitars with Braz components. If I recall correctly, no one at PRS ended up indited. I think that some guy who had sold them some Braz rosewood that it turned out was illegal, got in some deep trouble............

tom
11-17-2009, 11:12 PM
who knows if we'll hear the story. i think the implication is that they were intentionally bringing stuff in through other than kosher channels.

Devnor
11-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Earlier this year US Fish & Wildlife impounded one of my basses (Hamer bass) for over a month while they tried to determine the species of mother of pearl inlays. The bass was built in 1988.

dugjustdug
11-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Earlier this year US Fish & Wildlife impounded one of my basses (Hamer bass) for over a month while they tried to determine the species of mother of pearl inlays. The bass was built in 1988.

That's downright scary to hear of. Unless you built/distributed the thing, I find that incredibly invasive! :mad:

Ja LoBelo
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM

A similar event happened to me two years ago. Our customs took hold of a Jackson rr1 that I bought from GC. They wanted a precise description of what types of wood was used in it. Rest assured I was quick in my moves as I didn't want them to drill any holes into it :eek: !
They were pleased with the documents I provided and we all lived happily ever after :o. I guess they go these random hits from time to time...

bud
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Can't decide which is more troubling.

implication is that they were intentionally bringing stuff in through other than kosher channels.

(Very Sad, if proven to be true.)

or

Devnor, were you traveling? How the heck did they come in contact with your bass?

Devnor
11-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I bought the bass from a friend in Canada. As it went thru customs the fish people got interested.