PDA

View Full Version : PRS Original Sewell in Paisley

mdrs
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd posted about my very favorable experience with my PRS Sweet 16 head.

Well, after listening to various name players running thru various PRS heads at the PRS Experience, I obtained an Original Sewell 50 watt head, and a PRS 2x12 with wicker grill and open back with the openings covered by wicker as well. It's loaded with Vin 30's.

The Original Sewell is an outstanding amp!! HOLY CRAP!! It's got lovely creamy sustain, and an overall warmth. The overtones are outstanding. Did I mention that the sustain is outstanding???? :D

The controls are simple..........even a simple mind such as mine, can make it work!! And, there isn't much between your guitar and the tone with this amp.

One of my friends who knows (Eliot Jacobs) feels that this amp is very "Dumble-ish". And, when David Grissom plugged into one at a small "amp session" at the Experience, he was blown away. Here is video of the actual amp session I was at. There were perhaps 20 to 30 folks in the room. It was a total blast to watch David Grissom dial in tones in some of the PRS amps he hadn't test driven yet, such as the Original Sewell. Check it out;

http://www.youtube.com/user/premierguitar#p/u/11/xVVDlo4EHpA

I really like the paisley cloth covering that the Sewell head, and the 2x12 have. PRS is discontinuing the paisley covering. So, if you dig it, you'd better get yours soon..........I bet Jack has some in stock.

If you haven't already, check out some of these PRS amps........top shelf quality and tone.