PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Tejas

westex
05-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Hey y'all, glad to be part of the place here, looks like a right nice place to hang out. Have a '00 Hollow Drop top on the way, my first Anderson, hopefully not my last. Been playing about 25 years, now in Yoostun (aka Houston) Texas. It's a right nice town for music, most tours come through here. Like a lot of styles of music, from Amy Grant to Van Halen, but mainly rock. Not too much on hardcore metal or rap or classical. Play for Calvary Chapel Houston on Wednesday nights (supposedly the "edgy" band), love to rock for Jesus. Our Pastor is from California and was guitarist in an early incarnation of Motley Crue. Yep, Motley Crue. As in he used to hang with Tommy Lee. Well, we don't have your typical church issues with stage volume. Anyway hope I can contribute positively, don't hesitate to contact me with anything.

Cheers.

Wes

Stan Malinowski
05-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Your Pastor used to play in Motley Crue??? I'm even afraid to ask about your church's musical selections.....:eek:

Welcome to forum Wes!

westex
05-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Stan Malinowski
Your Pastor used to play in Motley Crue??? I'm even afraid to ask about your church's musical selections.....:eek:

Welcome to forum Wes!

Thanks! Yeah, we play some pretty rockin stuff sometimes, sometimes some stuff not so rockin, which I grit my teeth and get through, ya know. I find it much easier to play and remember the rockin stuff, I guess that is just natural to be able to remember the stuff you like, eh? I guess in any band if you are the guitarist you gotta play some stuff you like, some you don't. But I play it to convey the message, which is good in all of our music. (As opposed to the death on a plate that some popular stuff out there is dishing out). Anyway we have a good time and I get to get my creativity jones out so it works out. Cheers.

Wes

mwoeppel
05-12-2004, 08:42 PM
welcome, Wes!

I'm in Plano, but spend a LOT of time in Houston. I'll come and check ya'll out!

Mark

Scott Peterson
05-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the Anderson Guitars Forum!

Class5
05-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey, my brother is in Austin, lucky dog. If I can fix a trip, I'll come to a service. I was part of a Christian band for a while, but it fizzled. We were focusing on the music instead of the message. (duh) Give a listen:

www.geocities.com/pearlsinhand

Keep the faith, but share what you can spare!!

Chris

Class5
05-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey, my brother is in Austin, lucky dog. If I can fix a trip, I'll come to a service. I was part of a Christian band for a while, but it fizzled. We were focusing on the music instead of the message. (duh) Give a listen:

Chris

westex
05-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by mwoeppel
welcome, Wes!

I'm in Plano, but spend a LOT of time in Houston. I'll come and check ya'll out!

Mark

Kewl, come on out; we are at FM528 and Blackhawk in Friendswood. Sometimes we have other bands on Wednesday but usually it is us. Look for the Deep Ocean Blue Drop Top Classic ;). Plano is pretty close, uh?

Wes

westex
05-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Scott Peterson
Welcome to the Anderson Guitars Forum!

Thanks! Looking forward to the Drop Top Classic coming. I think I have seen you at the Guitar Diner form days past?

Wes

westex
05-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Class5

Chris

Hey, yeah, I have been to Austin once, would like to go back looks really cool. Will have to listen while at home; don't have speaker here at work. Cheers.

Wes