PDA

View Full Version : Fender

lumco
09-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Dual Professional.. anyone use one? thinking of buying a new amp for my TA's and wonder how they hold up, not many around...

Janine Doubly
10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Yep, not many around. They were a part of Fender's first foray into Custom Shop amp land. Bruce Zinky designed that amp. Its a souped up Twin with a pretty killer (albeit aggressive) lead channel. Think Aerosmith, "Pump" era tones. As a clean amp, I prefer the Vibro King, but the Dual can give up very good clean tones, more HIWATT than Fender. They are built very well (quasi point to point) and should hold up under stress (apart from the standard tube issues). Overall, they lean more towards the bright/glassy/almost ice picky top end, so be aware.

tom
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
i think pete anderson was involved at some level with that amp too. he ended up using virbo kings on the road instead.

lumco
10-08-2009, 11:14 AM
i think your right Tom, Pete did use one for awhile, seen him use it in New Orleans one time with Dwight,,I was able to plug my Hollow T into one the other day and agree, a little sharp, shrill or whatever the word you want to use..Vibro King a little warmer.

tom
10-08-2009, 11:34 AM
pete brought his vibroking here for a listen one day and i gotta say it was pretty piercing, but stage tone is always edgier than what we would probably choose for solo listening.