PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Saskatchewan

Tubedog
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
I just joined this forum, and thought I'd say hello.

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase a used (2006) Anderson Classic last month, and I have to say it appears new. It's a lovely 3-tone sunburst with a white/mint pickguard. It seems that the last guy didn't take it out of the case, but I sure will! It's the nicest electric guitar I've ever played. I was at a Crosby, Stills and Nash concert 5 years ago and saw David Crosby playing a Tom Anderson classic, and that was when I started to want one.

So now I have this wonderful guitar and a puny little $50 practice amp,... :>)

I'm coming at this from a classical guitar background, so it's quite a departure for me. I'm sure I'll never make it out of the spare bedroom with my rig, but I'm having a blast!!

Looking forward to learning lots,...

Tubedog

siv
09-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Welcome from a fellow Canadian! I'm pretty sure there aren't many Andersons in Saskatchewan so enjoy the heck out of it. My Anderson is slowly ruining all of my other guitars...

mdrs
09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome TD!! Sounds like you've joined the legions of happy Andy Classic owners!! We're glad to have you.

Now, as a part of the initiation process, you must post some photos of your Classic. Without posted pics, the forum elders won't teach you the secret handshake................

Are you anywhere near Carrot River??

Tubedog
09-29-2009, 11:20 PM
We're 300 km south of Carrot River in Saskatoon. I used to play bagpipes in the Carrot River Pipe Band & I used to drive up there for band practice every Thursday night. Do you know people from there?

I'll try to post some pictures of my guitar, but first I have to figure out how. It really is a beauty.

TD

Welcome TD!! Sounds like you've joined the legions of happy Andy Classic owners!! We're glad to have you.

Now, as a part of the initiation process, you must post some photos of your Classic. Without posted pics, the forum elders won't teach you the secret handshake................

Are you anywhere near Carrot River??

dannopelli
09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
You know, I think there are a few new members who we have yet to bestow the "Secret handshake" upon.

Anyway Dog, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!

Pietro
09-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Now that you have a taste for great guitars...

time for a great amp!

We are gear-heads... and we are here to help!

;)

mdrs
09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I know Kent Wolowski, who runs RockRidge Outfitting. Kent is a GREAT guy.....outfitter, guide, taxidermist, and all around good man!!

http://www.rockridgeoutfitting.com/index.html

Tubedog
09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Here's the picture that was posted on the website where I bought my guitar. I haven't gotten around to taking any picture of it myself yet. Now we'll see if this works,...

mdrs
10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
It's a beauty!