PDA

View Full Version : PRS Sweet 16

teleamp
08-07-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm going to take the plunge on one. I've known Doug for years and I am now in a position to get on of his amps. I had a hunch that when Paul bought his first two Sewells that it would only be a matter of time before they collaborated. I really like the PRS Dallas, but, 50 watts is just too much, so the Sweet 16 should be perfect. I have a 65 Lil Elvis, but I Love 6V6 power tubes. Now that Tung Sol is producing fairly accurate sounding 6V6's, I figured it's time to make the switch.

So, I called Jim @ guitar rez and had him send an email to his PRS rep. They already have a Sweet 16 on order, but I don't care for the tuxedo look, plus I want a combo loaded with a blue. Hopefully, it will be a go. I'll find out in a few days.

My plan is to use my tweed Tremolux for cleans and the Sweet 16 for grit.

Now, I need suggestions on a good buffered A/B/Y box. does anybody have any experience with the ones that Red Iron Amps make?

santellavision
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I've got Lehle Dual Switcher box. Works great and isolates the two amps for no ground loop issues. A little expensive, but built to last and it actually works.

teleamp
08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
I've got Lehle Dual Switcher box. Works great and isolates the two amps for no ground loop issues. A little expensive, but built to last and it actually works.

Thanks, I just read the reviews and it look to be exactly what I need!

teleamp
08-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I got an email from Doug Sewell today and my combo is a go. As long as it gets here by Nov, I'll be happy!!!

Kid Metric
08-11-2009, 07:11 AM
I use a Radial JX-2 Switchbone, and couldn't be happier.
Lot's of options, plus an on board boost if you care to use it.