PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in town

tmihm
05-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi folks. Just wanted to hop on board. I'm Terry...I hang out in the PRS forums a bit, as well as some others.

After playing guitar for 20 years...I've finally had the chance to experience a TA. About a month back, I picked up the George Harrison tribute Hollow T Classic (the Guitar of the Week in August 24, 2003). I was just stunned. I've gone through boatloads of electrics over the years, Fenders, Gibbys, PRSi, and I do have some favorites that have lasted through all of the herd-thinning over the years....

...and I can guarantee this one will be there with the others for years to come. Incredible tone, unbelievable feel (rosewood neck...yummy!), and light as a feather.

So, I'm looking forward to learning more about TA's, as well as any other good stuff you guys care to chat about. ;)

Thanks for having me.

Terry

michaelomiya
05-05-2004, 10:01 AM
terry, welcome aboard. while the demise of the PRS Forum was unfortunate, it sure seems that many of the former members are comin over to the Anderson forum! great for us. best of luck finding your new anderson:cool:

michaelomiya
05-05-2004, 10:05 AM
terry, sorry. that should be "have fun playing your new anderson"!

Scott Peterson
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Thought your name looked familar, I used to hang out a bit on the original PRS Forum too. :D

Good to see you here; FWIW my own Anderson is far and away my #1 guitar since she came through the door. Stll love all my other guitars; but the Anderson is the thing.

Stan Malinowski
05-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Terry,

Welcome to the Forum! I have drooled over your Andy since the first day I saw it on the GOTW Section!

sonsop
05-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the playgroup, Terry!

I love that Harrison TA. Very fine, indeed.

andersonguy
05-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Welcome Terry!
I hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do, its a great place. Congratulations on your first Andy. It always starts off so innocently then before you know it, BAM, gotta get another.:D

AG

John Price
05-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Welcome from PA!

;)

Donk70
05-09-2004, 02:22 AM
Welcome aboard. BTW, seeing your guitar is giving me GAS for one just like it ;)

Yoo Hoo, Tom? Bruce? Roy?..............

tmihm
05-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Stan Malinowski
Terry,
Welcome to the Forum! I have drooled over your Andy since the first day I saw it on the GOTW Section!
Thanks for the well-wishes, folks!

I know, Stan...I'm just lovin' this one to death....and I'm already thinking....

A matching rosewood-top Drop-Top Classic, maybe?

Dag...the Andy GAS sure doesn't waste any time to kick in!!! :D

tom
05-10-2004, 10:57 AM
the rosewood is too stiff to bend our normal top contour, so we've only offered them on flat top guitars.

tmihm
05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by tom
the rosewood is too stiff to bend our normal top contour, so we've only offered them on flat top guitars.
That's probably a blessing in disguise. I can hear the conversation now:

"Honey...you know how I've been saying that I really love this Andy?" (by the look on her face during these "chats", she must just know from the sound of my voice that I'm schemin' on another one...)

Thanks, Tom!:cool: