PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Sighting: QVC

musicpromedia
08-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Besides the Conan show, there was another Anderson sighting, this time on the shopping network, QVC. Anybody see it? Probably not, ha ha. :eek:

I was clicking through the channels and came across my pal Jeff King playing with Reba McEntire. She was promoting her latest record and selling it on QVC. Jeff is a Nashville player and was featured on the Anderson DVD I produced. They did 3 songs and he used a Classic and Atom for two of them, the other song was a 335. For small TV speakers, the TAG's still sounded great and that Atom was very cool. I wish he would have played his Drop Top Hollow T because that guitar is a personal favorite of mine. I fell in love with that thing when we were filming his DVD segment. It still remains my favorite TAG of the video.

Anyway, it was great seeing Jeff and the TAG's on TV. Maybe there's a clip of it somewhere. Besides sessions in Nashville, Jeff also tours with Reba when she goes out, if you're into the music go and see Jeff burn on his TAG's.

Mark LeBlanc
www.musicpromedia.com

tomsalvojazz
08-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Mark,

The DVD is AWESOME!!! It is so much fun to see and hear Tom talk about how the magic is made. Special thanks to Tom for letting some of us into the shop and peak at the process.

I found especially interesting the section on finishing, the staining process for the tops, and the UV curing.

It was entertaining from beginning to end, and highly recommended for any TAG nut like me!