PDA

View Full Version : pog2 anyone?

tom
07-06-2009, 07:12 PM
hi my name is tom and i am a pogahollic.
anyone played the pog2 yet. have the big one and little one and only want the new one if it still does the big stuff as well. any thoughts?

Rhys
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
it looks sweet. having programable settings would be a plus for sure. i might have kept my old POG around if it'd had that.

i just watched the little vid of those guys copping won't get fooled again with a HOG though. man, i need a HOG.

mslugano
07-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Saying you have a big one is something to brag about...you might keep the small one stuff to yourself, though. I guess you can tout versatility.

Stys
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I must be out of the loop...what is the pog?

guitarzan
07-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I must be out of the loop...what is the pog?

I think it stands for Poly Octave Generator. Link is here. (http://www.ehx.com/products/pog2)

Stys
07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
I think it stands for Poly Octave Generator. Link is here. (http://www.ehx.com/products/pog2)

Thanks....I guess I was not aware of this because I'm not much of a pedal guy.

ConnemaraGuitar
07-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for asking, Mark. I thought it was some sort of cat toy.

Another answer to your "...what is the pog?" question can be found on Amazon: $324.00.

Stys
07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks for asking, Mark. I thought it was some sort of cat toy.

Another answer to your "...what is the pog?" question can be found on Amazon: $324.00.

I think this pedal would be fun to have and ran the price by my CFO (the wife) but, I was just informed from my wife, that I am in the market for a new air conditioning system.:eek:

tom
07-07-2009, 04:51 PM
best price so far online is $266 which i think is under the normal 1 piece dealer cost. might have to pull the trigger on it. you should hear the deep purple organ sounds. our keyboard player had to do a double take.

Pietro
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I think I want one, too. So I'm adding my name to the list of people who want to know who's diggin' on it.

tom
07-09-2009, 04:50 PM
fine, so no one has played it? i'm buyin one anyway but i'm not tellin anyone how cool it is:D

axeman
07-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm a pogaholic too.... but I haven't play ver 2 yet. The presets alone are worth the swap to the new one.

Michael Thompson got me hooked on this pedal.... I love playing with it.

One of the groups I'm gigging with has Weather Report's Birdland in the set list. I play some of the synth parts on my guitar with the pog.... very cool.

So if you check it out and decide not to share, please PM me with your findings! I already know it will be cool, but tell me again anyway! :D

- Keith

mslugano
07-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Seems like the sort of pedal you'd have to be very selective with, but, in those 12 string, organ, and or big tone octave moments it would be very cool.

tom
07-10-2009, 10:15 AM
it certainly is not the every song pedal, but it is a very fun thing when you don't particularly want to sound like a guitar.

guitarzan
07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I've been doing a gig for a year that requires a touch of OD and a touch of delay- but I could really get by without either one since it's a keyboard and vocal-heavy pop band.

And then there's one song in the set where they have me play a synth line. So I have to bring either the M13 or the FM4 to every rehearsal and show just to play that one line. The POG2 will be the smaller, lighter happier Corey version of that rig. :)

Pietro
07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I would think it would be good for nailing the Edge's octave up stuff, too, only real subtle like... Anybody tried that?