PDA

View Full Version : Cobra bridge question...

Ted Witcher
09-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey, guys, first post. My first TA is due next week... it's a Cobra, and I ordered it with a fixed bridge. Problem is, now I'm thinking I should have gotten a trem. Is a swap possible, or are the routes different? Thanks for the help.

Moderator: please move this to Technical if I put it in the wrong place.

Stan Malinowski
09-27-2003, 05:29 AM
Ted,

Fixed bridges are screwed directly to the face of the body. Six holes are drilled thru the body for the strings. Trems require a hole to routed in the body for the trem block. Unfortunately you're looking at some good size surgury to change over...sorry.

John Price
09-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Stan is right! It would be a major job to get one installed, maybe your dealer could re-order a new one for you or make a swap with one that he might have in stock / on order? Check out the new guitar when it arrives, you just might love it!

Ted Witcher
09-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I was thinking, "Hey, there's no trem on a Les Paul! Jimmy Page didn't need a trem!" when I ordered it, but then I started thinking about the versatility of the instrument and concluded a trem might be a useful thing on a Cobra. Oh, well. Tom A said the fixed bridge had a "woodier" sound, which sounds like what I'm after, so maybe I was right the first time.

John Price
09-28-2003, 09:06 PM
Keep us posted on the new guitar and let us know what you think!;)