PDA

View Full Version : FerraGlide Saddles

wolf
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Tom
I'm curious about your reasons for choosing Graphtech Saddles for your current bridges.

I've tried the all graphite ones and they deadened my tone.

You've got your choice of any in the market place, so can I ask what you like about the Farraglides over anything else ?

:D :D :D :D

tom
07-01-2009, 12:14 PM
love the way they sound. don't care for the sound of the original all plastic saddles though. the non string breakage is an added bonus.
every time i play an all steel saddle guitar i hear high end artifacts that aren't as pleasing to me.

wolf
07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
A reply in 1 hour ???

You're a top man indeed. :D

Are you saying they mute the top end ?
If so, why is that an attractive feature ?

What about the bass ?

I'm in the process of rebuilding my bridge after the damaged posts incident, so I'm considering the addition of the Ferraglides.

tom
07-01-2009, 12:49 PM
i didn't say they mute the top end. what i said is that i feel steel saddles can make some extra harshness up high that i don't like. to me artifacts are things added that don't belong. bottom is full and rich.

wolf
07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks very much for taking the time to clarify.

Think I'll try a set and see how I get along :D

michaelomiya
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
love the way they sound. don't care for the sound of the original all plastic saddles though. the non string breakage is an added bonus.
every time i play an all steel saddle guitar i hear high end artifacts that aren't as pleasing to me.

tom when did TAG convert to the new graphtech saddles? can the older bridges be retrofitted or does this require a whole new bridge piece? (my cobra is 2007)

tom
07-01-2009, 03:09 PM
we switched in 2006. they will retro perfectly on the previous fishman made bridge and the large arm gotoh that preceded it. the old gotoh screw in arm bridge has a slightly wider string spacing and should get a wider saddle.