PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Model

mchoi32
06-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Explain yourself Tom. MoAR PIX! noawszz!

tom
06-29-2009, 11:18 AM
this is all roy's doing, i swear it's not my fault. i will say that this grew out of a one off guitar i made for myself a while back. i played mine some this weekend. you'll have to wait to see how roy reveals the rest, we do have control of the site back since it was hacked so he should follow up quickly.(thanks to bud)

michaelomiya
06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
this is all roy's doing, i swear it's not my fault. i will say that this grew out of a one off guitar i made for myself a while back. i played mine some this weekend. you'll have to wait to see how roy reveals the rest, we do have control of the site back since it was hacked so he should follow up quickly.(thanks to bud)

tom, I noticed that you've included some add'l rubber/inserts into the saddles on the fixed bridge mystery guitar. Is this std for all fixed bridges? if so, what's its purpose? (better alignment/grip/tuning?)

(BTW, my guess is your "save my back" model from earlier this year is now going to be a std TAG...:cool: )

John Price
06-29-2009, 12:28 PM
tom, I noticed that you've included some add'l rubber/inserts into the saddles on the fixed bridge mystery guitar. Is this std for all fixed bridges? if so, what's its purpose? (better alignment/grip/tuning?)

(BTW, my guess is your "save my back" model from earlier this year is now going to be a std TAG...:cool: )

I believe the gold saddles have a different insert for the ferriglides than the regular ones do. is that what your talking about?......

tom
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
the gold and black ferraglide saddles indeed do have a different shaped insert on them. this is not my back saver, that was a hollow atom. keep those guesses coming, but i'm not sure i'll admit anything anyway:D

michaelomiya
06-29-2009, 01:56 PM
I believe the gold saddles have a different insert for the ferriglides than the regular ones do. is that what your talking about?......
yes, thanks John. any perceived benefits? e.g. fit, tuning stability, etc.? (I know I saw a thread on the ferriglides a while back, just being lazy!)

michaelomiya
06-29-2009, 01:59 PM
the gold and black ferraglide saddles indeed do have a different shaped insert on them. this is not my back saver, that was a hollow atom. keep those guesses coming, but i'm not sure i'll admit anything anyway:D

guess we'll just have to hang out until the next GoTW - in a month!....:eek: :D

tom
06-29-2009, 02:30 PM
for the last good amount of time we couldn't get into the site because of hack damage. we're back on track now so it shouldn't take a month.

guitarzan
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I guess I don't see anything weird. It looks like a T-classic with ferraglide saddles. My only guess is that it could be a standard T but with a short scale( which the pictures wouldn't show- but the angle of the photography might imply that something is fishy about the length of the neck (scale).

I dunno. It just looks like an Anderson to me.;)

dannopelli
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
That pic is just a beard...

Gonna be something completely different I bet.

F holes maybe? An actual "hollow"?

taclassic
06-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I also am thinking a shorter scale neck.

Tom seems to favor the shorter scale guitars and T Shaped guitars so who knows if it is not a project guitar that developed into a new model.

tom
06-29-2009, 03:42 PM
beard, no. anderson, yes.

michaelomiya
06-29-2009, 05:34 PM
for the last good amount of time we couldn't get into the site because of hack damage. we're back on track now so it shouldn't take a month.

:D :D haha! just jokin' with ya tom...although I know Roy toils over these stories which makes the GoTW's quite an undertaking....

markus
06-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Do I count seven strings??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
No... :( :( :( *big-sigh* Maybe one day... back to programming for now. ;)

csd
06-29-2009, 06:57 PM
so... what's a vintage boost? and the locking tuners on a fixed bridge..
the saddles were different you said, are they a transducer as well???

tom
06-29-2009, 07:18 PM
the boost we've talked about before. we're offering it on most pickup combos now and have a few new really simple wiring schemes that we'll be talking about soon.
some people like locking tuners on everything and this was s special order that way.
no transducers in the saddles.

csd
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
thot the va boost was diff from vintage boost? it works quite nice. gotcha :D