PDA

View Full Version : Digital Floor pedals

Casper
05-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Anybody use digital effect pedals?
For the variety of sounds I need and the quickness I need to have them, I've been using them for years. I have been with Digitech mostly, but I am looking into the Boss GT6, anybody know or have one..or played one?
I am a little tired of my Digitech RP-14, my friend got the GT6 and loves it..any opinions?

pluto
05-03-2004, 02:15 PM
I tried out the GT-6 at the store and thought it was horrible. That's just my opinion though. The GT-6 just sounded fake and was too noisy. I A/Bed the GT-6 with the Digitech RPX400 plugged straight into a clean amp and also through headphones and I thought the digitech sounded better and was easier to tweak. The bonus was that the Digitech had XLR outs to go directly into the PA. Too bad I can't make use of the recording software though since I only have Windows ME at home. How would you be using the GT-6 (straight to amp(?), in the fx loop of your amp (?), direct out(?))?

Casper
05-04-2004, 05:40 AM
I use the processor straight to the input of the amp, which feeds an HK direct box, to monitor console and out to FOH. (my wireless is worked in there too. I will have to look at the RPX 400. I saw one sunday, but it looked too complicated and not nearly as sturdy. I heard that you can do very quick edits and have selectable outputs with the GT6. To be honest, I really miss my old RP7...smaller and easy,good sounds. I really miss the raw sound with analog stuff, but its just not convienent in this gig.
Thanks for the tip and advice, Pluto.

Shaun