PDA

View Full Version : 5 Way and V Boost on Humbuckers?

ducmike
06-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I just bought a Cobra, 05-04-09A, at Charley's today. Another customer had special ordered it and backed out at the last minute. So, Brian new I had the itch for a Cobra or Atom and let me know about it last week. I didn't plug it in (I already know I like the HCs and the wood combo), and I left it with Brian to put 10s on it and float the bridge. I'll pick it up Friday when I drop off my Classic to have the HF2 installed.

So to my question. What are positions 2 & 4 and what does the Vboost do with the HCs. I know I'll figure it out when I get it home and spend some time with it, but FRiday seems a long way off right now.

Thanks,
Mike

tom
06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
positions 2 and 4 are parallel of each pickup. in the middle position, pull the tone for both split and humcancelling. the boost on humbuckers is like having the next hotter pickup turned on. if you had a HC1+, is would be like you had an HC2. mostly you feel it like a more saturated tone with a little volume bump.

ducmike
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks Tom. Very cool. I can't wait to play it with the band.

kingtone
06-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Tell me more about "v boost." Is this set up like the circuit that you use in the va5 pickup arrangement that had a boost but just with the humbuckers?

kingtone
06-09-2009, 11:38 PM
hope to hear about this one...

John Price
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Tell me more about "v boost." Is this set up like the circuit that you use in the va5 pickup arrangement that had a boost but just with the humbuckers?

You are correct.

ducmike
06-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Tom, would it be possible to rewire positions 4 and 2 to split the buckers instead of parallel. I just put an HF2 in my classic with swicheroo, and I'm love'n that pup split.