PDA

View Full Version : Tone knob for CT Atom

schofnsteen
04-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Is there anyway dial in the middle position of the neck and bridge without adding another knob? Possibly rewiring the push/pull on the tone knob?

tom
04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
not sure what you're asking. the tone affects whatever you have on the 5 way.

bud
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I think this may be a request for a way to set a blend preset (relative neck/bridge volume), adjustable with a push/pull pot.

Just a guess. If so, I think it's a really swell idea:D

tom
04-20-2009, 02:29 PM
if that blend is the idea, it could be done but it would take lots of trial and error to come up with fixed values and they would be different for different people. if you wanted to lose the tone control and related push pull function you could possibly add a blend pot that might be able to be defeated by the 5 way in the undesired positions.

schofnsteen
04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
I'd like to mix the volume/tone of each pickup in the middle position.

tom
04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
for that you'd need 4 knobs.

mdrs
04-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Schofnsteen, are you refering to a set up like that of the PRS DGT? It's got three knobs;

-volume for neck
-volume for bridge
-tone (overall tone control, and also a push-pull to coil tap)

The thing I like about the wiring scheme for the DGT is that the two volume knobs function as a mixing board when the pickup selector toggle is in the middle position (activating both pu's). You can add infinately more or less of the tone of either pu to the output signal. This really increases the possible tones available.

It's also got the volume knob for the bridge right next to where your picking hand is, so you can quickly hit the volume for leads, etc..

If I was building an electric guitar with two pu's, this is the wiring scheme I'd choose (Hi Jack!! :D ).