PDA

View Full Version : First TA guitar

Stratman53
04-27-2004, 09:12 PM
WOW, my TA came today, and WoW, what a guitar!!! The craftsmanship is second to none, and WOW what a delight to play. Smoooooth is the word. The guy I bought it from has Seymour Duncans in it, a Seth Lover humbucker in the bridge position, and 2 custom stacks. I would like to know what the original SA1's and the HO2 would sound like in comparison. Can anyone give me an idea what to expect.

bruce
04-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Stratman,

I know that an HO2 will sound a bit fatter, louder, and a bit more aggressive than a Seth Lover in that bridge position especially if the Seth has a cover on it.

I'm not that familiar with the Duncan singles so I can't comment on those compared to an Anderson SA1. One thing is for sure... the Anderson SA1 is able to be wired as a hum-cancelling pickup if needed...not sure about the Duncan.

Stratman53
04-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Thanks Bruce, I kinda figured that would be so. Aggresive is the word I was looking for. It just makes sense to me that a guitar built this well should have the pickups designed for it. thanks

tmihm
05-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Stratman53
WOW, my TA came today, and WoW, what a guitar!!!
I too am in total amazement with Andys. I got my first one about two weeks ago, and am still stunned by its playability, feel and tone.

What have I been missing all of these years????:)