PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems getting on TGP?

GASMAN
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Hope it's OK to ask that on this forum.

Pietro
04-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Looks like the site is offline.

What a time-saver that will be for me today!

taclassic
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Same here...having issues with the page

jeff h
04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
What's TGP? Many folks use abbreviations that, at times, are difficult to understand. :D

picnic
04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
The Gear Page It went out last night

King Cobra
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Part owner of the Forum Brian Scherzer , also resides here at Oldschool Guitar:

http://www.oldschoolguitar.com/board/showthread.php?t=1436

He discussed the outage in that thread.

tom
04-03-2009, 11:30 AM
that one doesn't work for me either.

King Cobra
04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Oldschool guitar forum is up and running and the link worked for me , but here is what Brian said :

I had noticed this morning that there were no emails from the TGP servers (like reported posts) since late last night, but the site was up. I went to work, got home around 7:00 p.m. MST and there were notifications from the provider that our servers were down. All that I know at this point is that they tried a remote reboot without success and then a manual reboot.....no go. The last word from the provider's tech support is that they are looking into whatever the problem is. At this point, we have to wait for them to fix whatever is broken. I jokingly wrote on another site that one of the EL84 tubes powering the servers must have burned out. We'll try different tubes now.

Mornin' to ya'! Here's the scoop as of early this morning. Fortunately, we have what is known as a RAID1 setup on our servers. One of the drives began to fail, corrupting some files. The server then became unresponsive. That hard drive failed completely last night. The drive was replaced and Alec has some additional work to do in order to get the corrupted files repaired, after which we expect the server to be back online.

I can't argue with that! However, even with the two server setup we now use, here are some stats for March on TGP's servers:

Number of visitors in March = 1,259,946
Number of pages accessed in March =16,117,863

As you can see, there is a LOT of traffic and it goes round the clock. I have yet to see fewer than 600 people on line at the same time for many months now.