Tuner
Distortion
Modulation
Delay

Thanks,

Ryan

tom
04-27-2004, 12:31 PM
i do distrtion, volume, mod, delay. tuner comes off volume so it's not in line. i like the vol after dist so i can have gainy sounds at lower volume for background pad sounds.

ryman150
04-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks Tom. I never thought about it like that, but after pondering that setup, I think that is a really cool way of doing things. I'll have to try that.

By the way, I went and played a Burn Unit. Those things are nice. For me, I decided to go with the Line 6 DM4, simply because I can't afford more than one nice distortion right now, and that gives me the most versatility for the price right now.

Thanks,

Ryan

tom
04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
there arecertainly other paths that will work, other's should chime in. i used the dm4 for quite a while, it does give you lots of options.

dannopelli
04-28-2004, 02:11 AM
If you don't use a volume pedal with a tuner out or other method to tuner out, I think the tuner should go first. This way its pure guitar signal.

Also, IMHO the mod and elay type FX should go through the FX loop if your amp has one. I think it make it a bit crisper. But I know there is a lot of disagreement on this one.

tom
04-28-2004, 10:01 AM
don't have a loop in the carr, and the boogie loop is out of phase.

dannopelli
04-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by tom
don't have a loop in the carr, and the boogie loop is out of phase.

You may have answered my question!

Ah what is the question...

Ever since I got the my Boogie I have had to run a seperate power supply for my pedals going through the FX loop than my front amp FX. No one can explain this. If I use the Furman SPB 8 Power for all my pedals I get a natsy hum. However, if I use the Furman Power just for the front amp pedals, and use a One Spot for the two FX loop pedals, I get no hum?

Is there any accuracy to my conjecture, or a fix?

tom
04-28-2004, 02:11 PM
i didn't have a hum issue. when i would turn the wet to dry knob on the amp anywhere but at the extreme ends, you could hear things thin out like they were out of phase.