PDA

View Full Version : How to fly my Atom

Ahess86
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
There was some relevant info in the gig-bag thread but I didn't want to hijack that one, so here's the deal...

I have my first fly gig coming up since I got my Atom. It doesn't fit in my flight case (strat style) so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Right now I'm leaning towards trying to carry on in the fitted factory case, its pretty slim and compact. The gig just got booked and the manager hasn't purchased tickets yet, so I don't know what airline but we're going for budget because the gig is in 8 days (please not Delta).

What would you do if you were me? Get another flight case fitted for the guitar, carry on w/ the factory case, gig bag, etc. Suggestions please!

SonicGator
03-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Carry on is the best way to keep it safe. I travel quite a bit and I would not trust a guitar underneath, even if it was in a nuclear-rated bunker case.

santellavision
03-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Carry-on is best. Most planes overhead baggage compartments will fit a gig bag. If its a tiny puddle-jumper, then be really nice to the flight attendant and ask for help with storing it up front with their stuff. Oh, if you're not a mileage elite member, try to get a seat that boards early. Most window seats in the rear of the plane board early.