PDA

View Full Version : Classic SA pickups sound variance

lvergne
03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a Classic with SAR, SA1 & H2+ pickups with a 5 way selector and a tone pull up that add the bridge and a micro switch for splitting. The pickups are vintage voiced.

My question is that with the micro switch set to splitting (switch up) the bridge pickup is essentially a single coil and the middle and neck pick up are very clear and chimey. You might even say they have a "shzingyness". When you set the micro switch to "normal" (switch down) the bridge pickup is full humbucker and the middle and neck pickup smooth out (lose the "shzingyness") and produce less output. Is the the "Vintage Voicing" referenced in the specs? If not, then what is happening to the two single coils? I am only asking for my anal tendency satisfaction. I love the sounds and really love the full output and "shzingyness" of the single coils.

tom
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
vintage voicing is on all the time when you have the singles on. what you're hearing is the difference between a true single coil(when th switch is up), and a dual coil stacked humbucker.

lvergne
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Tom, thank you.