PDA

View Full Version : New earplugs----(not sure guys)

GASMAN
04-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Got the Westone fitted plugs and am using the 15db filter. I'm having a REALLY tough time getting used to them. The sound is so muffled. It's almost a relief when I remove them.
Anyone else run into this? Do you think I just need more time?

GASMAN
04-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Oooops! Correction to previous post. I'm using the 9db filters, not 15's.

dpeterson
04-25-2004, 07:18 PM
hmm i've used just regular plugs for years and just delt with it... but recently i've been using in ear monitors (sure e2's) and i dont go deaf, and everything is crystal clear.

I had the sure psm200's but sold them when the last band broke up. I bought some shure e2's for my ipod (awesome on a plane or cutting the grass, cant hear anything but music) and i'm looking to get another wireless setup, probably the carvin's, and use the e2's with it.

It took me about 2 seconds with the ear monitors to fall in love.

Dave

dnewman3
04-26-2004, 11:54 AM
the band i play in use all ear monitors.
i started off the cheap pair.
then went to custom molds and thought that they were great..tried some E1's and thought they were fair..

i just bought some E5's...with just the clear soft sleeves...

they are the best ive ever heard. i wil never efver go back to anything else.

www.nightedge.com

ryman150
04-27-2004, 09:44 PM
If anybody is interested in ear monitors, I have a Shure PSM 400 wireless system for sale with a total of 3 beltpack recievers. I also have a Shure PSM400 hardwired system, and I have 4 Shure E1 earbuds for sale. E-mail me if you're interested!

ryman150@comcast.net

-Ryan

dpeterson
04-28-2004, 06:35 AM
just shot you an email.

Casper
04-28-2004, 12:39 PM
My band uses all Shure PSM 600 stuff. I got clumsy Saturday night at a gig and accidentally stepped on my E5 plug and broke it, then, I went to sit down in a tight chair and broke the clip on my belt pack. I found out that Shure charges $100 for replacement...alot better than buying new. I'll have to be more careful..in the span of 5 minutes, I cost myself about $150.00.

Another point, if you use the clear plastic earbuds, take a bit of underarm deodorant (solid kind) and rub it around the surface. It helps keep the sweat from running in your ear canal (which is a very uncomfortable feeling btw). Westone makes some killer ear monitors for around $700.00, but the Shure Estuff works fine for me..
Shaun

Marty S Horne
05-11-2004, 12:43 PM
I use one earplug in whatever ear is facing the drums. The other ear is unplugged so I can hear my vocal monitor and the sound of the room. The snare and cymbals are what I want buffered.