PDA

View Full Version : TAG 25th ANNIVERSARY

TonyG
02-08-2009, 06:04 AM
I was just looking at a copy of a 1988 TAG catalogue, where Tom looks extremely young, and it referred to TAG starting in 1984. I was wondering whether Tom has anything special in mind for this special year - anniversary models perhaps. Tom - you can put a nice 25th motif on my Atom CT if you like - if it isn't already on its way!

Barry
02-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Tom could certainly prove me wrong but I cant see TAG doing something like that . Besides all TAGs are like an anniversary model guitar

tom
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
i doubt we'll do anything special. i too feel like every guitar we build gets 100% of our care. as i'm not much for fluff i don't see an ornate thing happening. at namm they gave us ribbons for our achievement, i called it the "still standing award".

Casper
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Tom,
This could be an opportunity for any cause or charity you hold dear?
Just thinking out loud. A special guitar that you make would bring tons on the bay?

mbrown3
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
This could be cool. It wouldn't need to by any special model or whatever, but say any guitar ordered in the month you started (if it hasn't passed already) would donate x number of dollars to a given charity. Even if the cost was higher so you wouldn't lose money on it, I bet you'd have a bunch of people place orders that month, especially if you were willing to give each dealer an extra slot or two (obviously with the recognition that build times would be slightly longer than normal).

You could do it for the whole year, but since many people already have their guitars, that ship has probably sailed. Anyway, it might be a cool way to commemorate the occasion without being too flashy, and doing something good at the same time...

huzits
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
i doubt we'll do anything special. i too feel like every guitar we build gets 100% of our care. as i'm not much for fluff i don't see an ornate thing happening. at namm they gave us ribbons for our achievement, i called it the "still standing award".

I agree about your 100% statement, and congratulate you for "still standing." :D I do think 25 years is an incredible achievement. (Not my place to tell you how to run your business), but a run of 25th anniversary shirts or straps would be a way cool (and affordable) alternative for many of us TAG fans. I would be happy to donate an extra buck or two for your favorite charity. Just a thought. :rolleyes: