PDA

View Full Version : WTB: a classic neck

fusgtr
02-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Guys i have a classic, but the neck is too thin for my tastes (1st fret: 0.800" and 12th fret: 0.850").

I can live with this but if someone has a classic neck or any other neck with 0.820" and 0.870" at least and want to get rid off (:) ) just let me know...or a trade with my classic neck...

Thanks

AndyT
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
No one will have a spare neck, because TAG will not sell necks alone. To get a new neck you must send you guitar to TAG and they will custom make you a new one and destroy your old one. I believe they charge $500. for that.

Someone may want to trade you, but I believe Tom said that they some neck pocket sizes different, so a trade may not work either.

fusgtr
02-06-2009, 05:04 AM
I know that i have to sent it to Tom, i already asked him. But as i don't live in US the double shipping costs would be huge for me

Thanks for your responce Andy

AndyT
02-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I understand as I have shipped many guitars to the EU and it can be very expensive.

Good luck with your neck search!

ConnemaraGuitar
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Fusgtr- what is the serial number of your TAG? If you can provide this I may be able to help you price a non-TAG replacement.

If it is the old style, it may be possible to acquire a neck with your preferred setup, like frets, shape and wood. You should keep your original neck in case you ever want to sell the guitar (only after getting another TAG, of course!). A non-TAG neck will surely destroy the guitar's resale value. Also, it would not be fair to sell the original neck; if you plan to sell the original neck then I cannot/will not help you. I hope you understand.

I have "altered" my own Hollow Cobra S by changing the pickup rings and 5-way switch knob, but did so in a way that would allow me to put the originals back on.

Let me know...

fusgtr
02-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks for your responce my friend...but i don't want a substitute neck. I could built one in my town for a low cost, but i want the original...
As i stated above i can live with this neck, but i try for the best option...anyway thanks...:)

ConnemaraGuitar
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
You're welcome.