PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Classic vs. Hollow Drop Top....

velcro-fly
04-21-2004, 12:45 PM
The TA jones has started again...

I currently have a swamp ash hardtail Classic, and a Hollow Drop Top Classic (flame maple over swamp ash...)

Getting ready to pull the trigger on another - outside of aesthetics, whats going to be the biggest difference between a hollow swamp ash Classic and the Drop top version? (likely maple over swamp ash)

Also - planning on doing this one as a hardtail...anybody else have hardtail versions of the Hollow bodies?

Thanks for the input,
Steve E

mbrown3
04-22-2004, 10:36 AM
I've got hardtail version of the HDTC...Sounds great, though I've got the Fishman piezo bridge. However, I haven't broken a string in like 9 years, and in church this past Sunday I broke 2! Wasn't particularly playing hard, either. So, might have something to do with the Fishman saddles (both broke at bridge), though why they would do that all of a sudden I don't know...might also have to do with weather change here in PA. In any case, I love the hardtail on it, no tuning problems, no bending problems, etc. Works like a charm.

MikeHil
04-25-2004, 06:54 PM
I'd like to second that:

I love swamp ash. For my 3rd Anderson, I want to get a hollow DT or Classic. Can anybody comment on the tonal difference between the solid ash body vs. the chambered one?

Thanks!