PDA

View Full Version : SC PUPS for a T style guitar?

dannopelli
12-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Wondering if there is a version of these PUPS coming for the Classic T. One that will maintain the look of a T with the covered neck PUP?

SonicGator
12-29-2008, 01:32 PM
So, they would be TC pickups, right?

I've wondered the same with the P-90 series pickups in regards to a PF or even PC version?

dannopelli
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
My deal is I am lately into vintage looking and sounding guitars. I need something to compliment my Classic T, which is hollow ash swamp ash maple neck. TV 1 TV3. I'd like something in Alder, but with that vintage look and sound.

I know getting the same guitar electronics with a solid alder body will sound totally different. Just wondering that's all.

Also wondering if TAG does a bound top in a T Classic that is not contoured.

tom
12-29-2008, 03:21 PM
that little cover is pretty crowded so i'm not too optimistic about getting a stack inside.
to get the binding look, you'd have to get a top, either ash or alder to give us something to tape to. but no plastic binding here.
been very interested in doing some non humming thing that fits in a p90 cover. we finally found a p90 cover with no holes so we can start with a clean slate. not sure what direction we'll go yet.

dannopelli
12-29-2008, 10:36 PM
that little cover is pretty crowded so i'm not too optimistic about getting a stack inside.
to get the binding look, you'd have to get a top, either ash or alder to give us something to tape to. but no plastic binding here...

So you can do an ash or maple top with no contours? i know you don't do double bound, but I'd like to get kind of close to that. And there are stacked PUPS that sound like the SF/SC versions?

tom
12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
yes you can have a top with no contours. double binding with the contoured heel would be impossible.
we have TF's for both positions an they work very nicely with the booster.

dannopelli
12-30-2008, 01:07 AM
yes you can have a top with no contours. double binding with the contoured heel would be impossible.
we have TF's for both positions an they work very nicely with the booster.

Hmmm. Might be time to reassess the contents in the guitar closet...