PDA

View Full Version : tremolo adjustments

ehsaan
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
hi all
i just got a gorgeous new ta classic !!! it plays great and is one of the finest guitars i have played . however i do find the tremolo bridge a little stiff . the bridge is sitting flat against the body . i obviously need to loosen the springs a but so that the bridge floats. is there an ideal height between the body and the bridge ?
thanks
ehsaan

bruce
12-30-2008, 03:02 AM
There is no ideal amount... It's whatever you prefer. The guitars are set up with the bridge that way (on the body) as a default but there are no rules here. A lot of times we get a request for a "minimal float" so we set up the bridge at idle to float so that the G strings pulls up (sharp) to a G#... but again, there are no rules here.... whatever you like. Also, we like to float the bridge forward with the method of just loosening the springs as opposed to raising the whole bridge off the body.

fusgtr
12-30-2008, 05:10 AM
hi all
i just got a gorgeous new ta classic !!! it plays great and is one of the finest guitars i have played . however i do find the tremolo bridge a little stiff . the bridge is sitting flat against the body . i obviously need to loosen the springs a but so that the bridge floats. is there an ideal height between the body and the bridge ?
thanks
ehsaan

Ηι ehsaan.
Ι have 3 TA and i have in all of them the bridge adjusted so to can reverse a half-step and to have this smoothness-floating feel in the arm. I like to have vibrato with my tremolo besides my fingers!
I think here is no ideal height-it depends on your taste.
Don't forget that after you 'll adjust the bridge you have to re-adjust also the action (the height of the strings)

ehsaan
12-30-2008, 05:40 AM
hey thanks guys

dannopelli
12-30-2008, 11:21 AM
You might need to reset the intonation and adjust the neck relief too.

If you are not used to doing this it might be worth the $50 to get a proper set.

BE SURE TO TAKE IT TO AN ANDERSON DEALER OR OTHER HIGH END, (SUHR, TYLER, ETC) DEALER.

You have a $2000-$4000 guitar. It is worth the investment.

bruce
12-30-2008, 11:34 PM
You won't need to adjust the neck, but you will need the bridge saddles to be reset (lowered) to there proper height, then properly intonated to the Buzz Feiten offsets again... although theoretically, if you adjusted to the same exact action height your intonation should be the same as before.