PDA

View Full Version : Suhr making BF an option

Mister T
12-27-2008, 08:54 AM
In the Suhr forum John has a post stating that starting Jan 1 the BF system will no longer be stock. The system is going to be an option with a small upcharge.

I find it interesting that a company would make this change. I see it as a step backward.

Hope TAG doesnt do the same.

SonicGator
12-27-2008, 09:12 AM
There was a thread about this a few months ago in the General Music forum I believe. To me, the BFTS is the way to go (or some other enhanced system), but I've seen and heard numerous complaints about it stating that it really isn't anything special.

I think it comes down to an individual's ear. I can hear a definitive difference between BFTS and a "standard" guitar...I prefer the BFTS. One spot I notice the difference is in playing chords around the neck. If you only play 1st position chords, then the difference may be more slight. However, if you play chords around the neck, then the difference becomes more noticeable IMO.

tom
12-27-2008, 01:43 PM
it's a pretty simple decision to me. if you don't hear it, then you don't need it. i hear it big time so i want it big time. since i have/get to do the final inspection of every guitar, i want it there. if it's not there for me, i spend all my time trying to get the guitar in tune and never get to enjoy playing it.

Mister T
12-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I have gotten really used to the BF system and playing other guitars that dont have the system drives me crazy.

I honestly dont think I could go back to using 'regular' guitars. Lucky for me vintage pieces are of little interest to me.....getting BF on a 59 Les Paul would really make traditionalists mad.

kingtone
12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
it's a pretty simple decision to me. if you don't hear it, then you don't need it. i hear it big time so i want it big time. since i have/get to do the final inspection of every guitar, i want it there. if it's not there for me, i spend all my time trying to get the guitar in tune and never get to enjoy playing it.

ditto x 1,000,000,000,000

I only have one complaint about the feiten system, I wish it was on all guitars because if you play with people who don't use it and do not know the goodness of a strobe tuner THEY drive you crazy with THEIR tuning!