PDA

View Full Version : Stompboxes through effects loop??

andersonguy
04-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I read on another forum about running your chorus/flange type pedals through your effects loop while running the other pedals, drive, comp, delay, ect through the front.
I have both a EBS red twister and an Analogman clone chorus. I just hooked these two through my effects loop in my shiva and it sounds great! the effects are much more transparent, smooth. Not as abrupt if that makes sense. An extra pain in the but to get into my setup to run a couple pedals off my pedalboard into the loop but Im thinking it may be worth the trouble. I no longer get a big volume jump when I use the ebs either. Further research is needed. Anybody else tried this?:cool:

AG

BIG GINGER GIT
04-18-2004, 06:25 PM
I have an SKB pedalboard which allows you to set up two loops. I run my Boss chorus, delay, tremelo and tuner through the FX loop on my Boogie DC 5 and my Boss overdrive, 5 band eq and Dan 'O' Wah through the front of the amp and all with astounding results even if I say so myself.
All that is missing from this set up is a Drop Top Classic ............... I can wish :(

killerburst
04-18-2004, 11:05 PM
You can keep all your pedals in front of you- run some before the amp and some in the loop. Check this link out:
http://www.stagemagicinc.com/pedalsnake.html

andersonguy
04-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Excellent link Killerburst!!:D :D :D
You may have just made me spend more money I dont have.:eek:

LOL Thanks!!

AG