PDA

View Full Version : DTC vs. Classic comparison?

Gary F.
04-16-2004, 04:51 PM
My first Anderson purchase, a DTC, was partially motivated by wanting an 'uber' strat-- one that played, sounded and looked killer. It more than satisfies on all three, of course, but the maple top (on top of alder) DOES seem to affect it's tone (not a bad thing, per se), and I now want to get a little closer to the perfect 'strat' in tone. Pickups are VA-12's + VA 23 on both guitars. Anybody own both a DTC and a Classic? Which one do you play more? What are your thoughts on the differences in tone and playability? Asthetics aside, are there enough differences to justify owning both?

Gary

dpeterson
04-16-2004, 06:30 PM
hmm i have a HDTC and an solid alder classic, and they are totally different. I wish my classic had the standard carve, it has the roundback carve. Sound wise it's hard to say because the alder classic has va's, and the HDTC has sr's, and an h2+ in the bridge.

although the HDTC splits nicely, it's still something about a solid alder with the singles that sounds like a strat. some of it might just be asthetics and feel as well. I feel i play different on the alder classic.

dunno if that helps..

Dave

andersonguy
04-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Gimme two more weeks and I will be able to answer that question better, however the pickups will be different.

Gary F.
04-18-2004, 09:41 AM
What pups did you order, AG?

andersonguy
04-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Alder classic with m series pickups. I made the decision to go with m's after discussing it with many people, they are supposed to be very single coil sounding, only bigger. I will definately post a report after a week or so of playing:D :D

Gary F.
04-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Look forward to the reviews of both the guitar and the M's.

Gary