PDA

View Full Version : FS:Gallien Kruger Backline 100

Casper
12-03-2008, 07:38 AM
In an earlier post, I spoke of my recently purchased Mesa Boogie DC-5. Before I bought it, I had actually bought this GK Backline 100 from GC. Its an older 90's model no longer in production and I can't find one on the net so it may be rare. (I think they just do bass stuff now) I had my amp tech go thru it and he replaced the inputjack, a couple of pots and soldered a few points...GOOD AS NEW!
I haven't had a bunch of experience with GK, but my tech said they are a great company and I loved a little hotspot shaped amp I played through years ago.
This is a 112 Solid State..CLEAN and LOUD! Its a 2 channel with footswitchable boost. Its loaded with features and has plenty of power, 70watts at 8ohms, 100 into 4ohms. I think? Has a 12" GK/Paragon speaker. The distortion sounds great! It has a compensated 1/4" out for direct, a slave speaker out, effects loop and eq shifts for each channel and separate EQs! It comes with a Marshall DFX 2 button footswitch that actually will enable you to change channels and use the boost. You can read the manual on GKs site if you want to know more. If I hadn't found my Boogie, I would definitely keep it. Its gig ready and would make a great side gig amp for those who keep their main rig on a truck. If no one is interested, it will go to the bay next week.
$300 plus shipping....PM me
Shaun