PDA

View Full Version : pickup issues

kingtone
12-03-2008, 01:18 AM
I recently got a cobra s. It has an h02 in the bridge and an h01- in the neck. I want to know if any of you guys use a hotter neck pickup? I love the H02 but I feel like (on some of my other guitars as well) that the neck is never able to keep up with the bridge. This is regardless of pickup heights...it is a tonal difference.

Does anyone ever use the same pickup in both slots? Maybe an H01+ is an option but what about an H02 in the neck? I want the same kind of mid and gain. I know everyone says the neck position is louder etc, but it seems like the difference could be compensated for by the pickup height.

Any ideas..? Thanks.

tom
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
most people that end up with the same pickup in both positions have trouble with the bridge pickup keeping up. but since you're having the opposite problem, you could give that a try. i suspect it may be more of an eq problem. out of curiosity, when you dial in you amp, do you first try to make the bridge pickup sound right or the neck. i've had better luck focusing on the bridge pickup. when it's right, the neck follows along nicely.