PDA

View Full Version : Pick Scratches on Cobra S

Buckd
04-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I saw a video of myself playing my Cobra S today and I noticed that I've got some pretty bad pick scratches right below the high E string. It looks like a cloudy area about 3" by 2.5". Any thoughts on how to "buff" them out? Also, is there a clear platic stick-on type pickguard available for my guitar? Thanks in advance!

Chris

tom
04-17-2004, 10:55 AM
you have to be careful with compounds. they are abrasive, which is why they work, but that also means that they are removing the finish. if you use them enough you will go through the finish, very bad unless you are after the relic look. i would start with the super mild quick detailer from mcguires. i would not use anything coarser than the H7 swirl remover. i don't have any experience with the clear pickguards other than i put a taylor one on for a friend. he has a blue 614, and it was tough to get it on without touching the backside or leaving bubbles underneath. i'm sure there are tricks dto doing a better jog than i did. i would check with someone who does acoustic work, they use those things all the time.

Buckd
04-17-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks Tom. I'll give it a shot. I guess the next step would be a re-finish. Before I do that though, I need new frets. But I do love the guitar and I play it ALOT, so it's all worth it to me.

Chris