PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about making this trade opinions ??

FFOGG
11-29-2008, 06:45 AM
I got a gr8 Cobra from Suriel and it kills ...but I have 3 old bad discs that give me issues at times and I note that the Cobra is a little over 7 1/2 lbs but its in mint condition and I really cant emphasize how its just sounds unreal .I have an oppurnity to trade it for a Hollow T Drop Top from the TGP which according to the seller has been well played and simply has some sweat tarnish on the pickup rings and some minor scrapes .My other Electric guitars are a Hollow T Classic [which is my no.1} , a TAG Classic ,Les Paul Cloud 9 ,PRS Hollowbody II ...

Hollow T Drop Top
here are the specs Results for Serial Number - 10-14-05A

If neck Back Shape field comes up blank it denotes the standard neck back shape for that particular model guitar, i.e. Even-Taper (T/A Standard), Happy Medium (Cobra & Atom Standard), Crowdster Standard, or Baritom Standard.

Model - Hollow T Drop Top
Body Finish - Translucent Orange with Binding
Body Wood - Quilted Maple Top on Mahogany
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple, Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Matching Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge
Pickguard -
Pickups - H1- SA1 H2+
Switching - Switcheroo
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

Model - Cobra
Body Finish - Burnished Orange with Binding
Body Wood - Flamed Maple Top on Mahogany
Neck Wood - Mahogany, African Rosewood Fretboard
Neck Finish - Matching Headstock, Satin Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge
Pickguard -
Pickups - H1- H2+
Switching - 5 Way, Pull on Tone Knob splits middle position
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

BTW i JUST use the guitar for 4 or 5 songs art band practice the other night w/o incident or pain ...of course I had my Hollow T also to switch off with

THOUGHTS ON HOW much weight I am going to save with trade ???????

blues junkie
11-29-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't think you'll save that much in weight between the 2 to justify the trade.Why don't you have the seller weigh his TA and let you know how much it weighs.You say you have a Les Paul cloud 9... that has to weigh more than your Cobra.I would be very hesitant to get rid of a great sounding guitar over a few ounces.

dannopelli
11-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I would stick with the Cobra. The shorter scale, two PUP config, I think is a better guitar.

Also, you are probably talking a pound or pound and a half difference? I have degenerative disk disease, so "I feel your pain." (pun intended). I really do not have an issue if a gig includes switching from my LP or PRS Singlecut to a one of my Andys.

FFOGG
11-29-2008, 07:26 PM
You say you have a Les Paul cloud 9... that has to weigh more than your Cobra the Cloud 9 weighs less ...but the Cobra is truly tone machine through my Bogner clean channel and OCD stacked w/ an "E" its Rev Billy

Im not making this up but as of Friday morning ........ I had decided that I was just keeping it but I "coughed " my back out this morning and am very down right now :( :( :( :(

dannopelli
11-30-2008, 07:47 AM
I don't think anyone doubts you. I really do have back issues too. So I know exactly how you feel.

I just think giving up a "tone machine" over a pound or two might be like, as my some of the farmers here sometimes say, "selling the chickens to keep the foxes away."

FFOGG
11-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Good point :)

LearnedHand
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I would keep your Cobra. Buy a bar stool for the stage, have a seat, and relax and play for the crowd.

dannopelli
11-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I actually got a tall DW drummers stool that I use when my back goes. Then I play a 335, wear aviator glasses and try to look like Jeff Baxter!