PDA

View Full Version : Matching Headstock - Maple Fretbaord

ryman150
04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
I got a huge question. I have never seen a TA with a Matching Headstock and a Maple fretboard. I know fender has done this on many custom guitars, and many other companies have as well, but why not TA....?? Also is this POSSIBLE if I were to order one like this??

Thanks!!!.

Ryan

Stan Malinowski
04-16-2004, 04:36 AM
Matching color headstocks are available as an option on Andersons. I have owned two Andys with matching headstocks, but both were rw boards. I have seen maple boards with matching headstocks but they are rare.

tom
04-16-2004, 10:23 AM
i don't believe we have ever done one. i just don't like the look of that island of color out there at the end of the blonde fingerboard. it reminds of guitars i don't want to be confused with. i know it's just my personal opinion, but heck my name is on the headstock.

ryman150
04-16-2004, 11:05 AM
That sure is understandable, Tom. I appreciate the answer. I think I do agree with you. It does stand out, and it looks a bit funky on the maple neck.

-Ryan Ochsner

Stan Malinowski
04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
I went thru my archived areas of Anderson pics that I have accumulated over the last few years to make sure I wasn't going crazy! Actually the good news is I'm not crazy, but the bad news is I am blind! I had a pic of an Deep Ocean Blue HDT, which in the thumbnail and at a quick first glance, looks like a maple board with a matching headstock. It is actually a VERY light rw board taken in a very light intensive environment. Between the two factors it looks like a mple board. Sorry for supplying an incorrect info.:(

ryman150
04-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Would you please send me a pic of that guitar??

Thanks,

Ryan

Gary F.
04-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Tom's right on the money with his comments. One of my Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee's, which i purchased sight unseen, has a maple board with matching headstock in translucent blue. Great playing axe, but each time I play it, i wish it had a simple uncolored headstock. It looks inelegant.