PDA

View Full Version : Baritom!

Devnor
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Nobody is talking about this :p

I had been looking at Ernie Ball Petrucci baritone with rosewood neck but I find the TAG Baritom infinitely more interesting. Can I order it with a Floyd Rose? Probably not but I had to ask!

Anyone else considering pulling the trigger on a baritom?

tom
11-13-2008, 06:15 PM
no floyd on the bari. just in case anyone did not know, we're going to offer a limited run of bari's probably scheduled for march of next year. we've been getting some requests, but they are a hassle to mix in with the other stuff since all the material sizes are so different. it looks like we have parts for about 16 or so of them.

Devnor
11-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Will these have the new neck joint?

tom
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
nope, they'll be old school.

Devnor
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks Tom...I'm ordering mine today.

OSCAR ZOROASTER
11-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Educate me here if you would. Where does a baritom find a role. Do you use it as an accompanying rhythm guitar, or just a different sound used in a traditional way? Does is it have some some advantages like alternate tunings?

SonicGator
11-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Educate me here if you would. Where does a baritom find a role. Do you use it as an accompanying rhythm guitar, or just a different sound used in a traditional way? Does is it have some some advantages like alternate tunings?

Most people use them for dropped tunings from what I have seen and heard. I think that scale length is a little too long for standard tuning (strings would be super-tight, like playing 13's or 14's), though I know Jim Soloway builds his guitars with a 27" Scale Length at normal tuning and they play nicely.

Devnor
11-16-2008, 12:42 PM
I plan to tune my Baritom to C.

My dealer says no mahogany or rosewood necks on these. Is that true? Rosewood would look amazing on the color scheme I had in mind.

tom
11-16-2008, 06:08 PM
B and C seem to be the most popular tunings for them.
i worry about the strength of mahogany and the weight of rosewood.

Mister T
11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Baritone guitars are really cool in county playing.

axeman
11-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I pulled the trigger on one of these a while back, when Tom did a short run then.

The guitar is definitely unique and provides a cool tonal quality for a few songs in the group I play with.

They are very cool.....

If you're interested in hearing a baritone, visit a guitarist I like to listen to, Greg V. His web site is www.gregv.us Check out the song Rusting Soul.

The new guys get the mojo of Tom signing yours!

I look forward to seeing the new additions in 09.

- Keith

axeman
11-17-2008, 09:35 PM
I pulled the trigger on one of these a while back, when Tom did a short run then.

The guitar is definitely unique and provides a cool tonal quality for a few songs in the group I play with.

They are very cool.....

If you're interested in hearing a baritone, visit a guitarist I like to listen to, Greg V. His web site is www.gregv.us Check out the song Rusting Soul.

The new guys get the mojo of Tom signing yours!

I look forward to seeing the new additions in 09.

- Keith