PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Feiten

dannopelli
11-08-2008, 06:34 AM
I recently got a Turbo Tuner. Great pedal. Does the same things as a Strobostomp, but it is about 40% less expensive and about 25% smaller.

What is does not do is come preset with Buzz Feiten offsets. You have to program them into one of the six banks.

Can anyone direct me to where I can find these? Or if you have one of these tuners, how do you change the offsets as well as set up both the open and 12th fret?

I know I can Google all, this, but it's less fun than asking all you guys! :D

Mister T
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
You can tune to BF with any tuner. just have to use all E's. I have a DT7 but prefer having a needle for my tuning so use a Boss TU 15.

open high E
B string 5th fret
G string 9th Fret
D string 14th Fret
A string 7th fret
For the low E use the 5th Fret harmonic.

Works great. For intonation I have to break out the Petersen but for normal tuning the Boss is fantastic

dannopelli
11-08-2008, 09:12 AM
You can tune to BF with any tuner...

Thanks T. I appreciate the quick reply!

I was doing it that way with my TU2 until I got a new Turbo Tuner.

What I need is the offsets to program my Turbo Tuner. In I believe you need them to program 12th fret for a Strobostomp too. If anyone has these I'd appreciate it!

ckofahl
11-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Here are the offsets, I programed mine and it works great.

Settings to be entered into P-1:
Note________Open String Offsets
E___________________00
B__________________+01
G__________________-02
D__________________-02
A__________________-02
E__________________-02 (on VS-II and V-SAM tuners, use F = -2)

Settings to be entered into P-2:
Note__________12th Fret Offsets
E___________________00
B___________________00
G__________________+01
D__________________+01
A___________________00
E___________________00

Suriel Zayas
11-08-2008, 09:59 AM
What is does not do is come preset with Buzz Feiten offsets.

it all has to do with licensing fees. ask tom, i'm sure he knows all about it. i'm sure tom pays the fee, they don't. they're probably not authorized to publish or provide you with the bfts offsets.

btw, you can input the offsets into "cst 1, cst 2, or cst 3." once you input the offsets, they stay in the memory for good.

dannopelli
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

I may try to duplicate regular guitar in CST2, BF in CST3 and BF 12th in CST1. This way I am never more than two toggles away. I don't really ever use alternate tunings.

Suriel and CK, this is REALLY a great tuner. Thanks for the suggestion!

pipedwho
11-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

I may try to duplicate regular guitar in CST2, BF in CST3 and BF 12th in CST1. This way I am never more than two toggles away. I don't really ever use alternate tunings.

Suriel and CK, this is REALLY a great tuner. Thanks for the suggestion!
That'd work well!

BTW, I programmed the 12th fret / intonation offsets into mine for completeness, but I never use them. Mainly because the intonation on my TAGs have never drifted. So if you want to use that spot for the regular BFTS tuning, that would let you have odd=normal, and even=BFTS.

I'm thinking I may try what you've done to make the buttons 'toggle' between them. :)