PDA

View Full Version : Bigsby Retrofit

MapleGuitar
10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi Tom,

I read elsewhere on the forum that you can install a Bigsby trem on a non-Bigsby Atom. How much does that cost?

One of my Atoms is a hollow special and it's a little bit neck-heavy. Would the install of a Bigsby help to balance it better?

Finally, is master fretmeister Bruce back in town? I have a couple TAs that I'd like him to re-fret.

tom
10-24-2008, 01:26 PM
it's $250 for the bigsby. i have had a couple hollow atoms with them. both were really light and i didn't feel like either was at all neck heavy. it does add almost 1/2 lb in the right place.
bruce has been out but he is expected back next week, YEA!!!

akivisuals
10-24-2008, 01:51 PM
it's $250 for the bigsby. i have had a couple hollow atoms with them. both were really light and i didn't feel like either was at all neck heavy. it does add almost 1/2 lb in the right place.
bruce has been out but he is expected back next week, YEA!!!

Hey Tom, is that Bigsby mod the same for a carve top Atom? I don't have one.... yet..... but if I did, I'm wondering if it's possible to mod it to the Bigsby. I know it won't fit in a case but I use a gig bag usually anyway and I drop it off/pick it up if necessary.

tom
10-24-2008, 02:48 PM
that mod is for atoms that have the wrap around bridge. it looks totally stock on them. if the guitar already has a tunamatic and stop tail, the stop holes will still show. haven't made a final decision on the ct. the mods to the bigsby were a large hassle, so i'm not sure what kind of price would have to go with that.

akivisuals
10-24-2008, 03:12 PM
that mod is for atoms that have the wrap around bridge. it looks totally stock on them. if the guitar already has a tunamatic and stop tail, the stop holes will still show. haven't made a final decision on the ct. the mods to the bigsby were a large hassle, so i'm not sure what kind of price would have to go with that.

Ah, ok. The whole Bigsby on the CT Atom has me GASsing to look for a CT Atom.... Let me know if you figure out what that might cost.