PDA

View Full Version : something fishy about this ebay listing

enr1co
04-14-2004, 02:19 AM
beware -This appears to be a fraudulent listing for a HDTC -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3717915561&rd=1

The seller user id "mobennaji" uses the identical description and photos of a hollow drop top classic listing just sucessfully ended on April 12 by "jeffmindspring"-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47069&item=3717164619&rd=1

e

dpeterson
04-14-2004, 07:09 AM
dude could have bought it and did not like it.. so he's re-selling.

a possiblity..

dave

John C
04-14-2004, 08:00 AM
The whole thing looks odd to me. The inital auction seller, "jeffmindspring", clearly states he will ship to the US only, but the winning bidder "ichihei" is located in Japan. That auction closed on Monday (4/12) at 9:51 EDT (the seller is located in the Philly area). Since the winning bidder is in Japan, I doubt the seller has even had time to figure out if he is going to complete the deal or void the winning bid and stick to his US-only auction.

The new listing from "mobenajji" states that he is located in Stafford (CT, I assume) and it went up and 3:37 pm EDT yesterday (4/13), about 16 hours after the close of the first acution. I just don't think that this could work out logistically to anything but a bogus second listing.

John C.

Scott Peterson
04-14-2004, 09:10 AM
If it looks like a duck and smells like a duck; it is most likely a duck. Or fishy. Smells funny to me; stay away.

Stan Malinowski
04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
And eBay terminated the listing!

I sent an email to the seller asking how he could be selling a guitar that he couldn't possbily have...never returned the email.

I also sent warnings to the bidders, in fact a couple have joined the forum.

Good observation enr1co, you probably saved someone from getting nailed!

BFC
04-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Wow! That used to be my very own. I custom ordered it a few years ago. I sent it back to Anderson and asked Bruce Nelson to swap the pickups to VA's shortly after I received it. So I can verify that much of the story on this particular guitar. I played it for a while as my number one guitar but sold it to a dealer in the Seattle area. Great guitar for sure but it's definetly developed an interesting history it seems.