PDA

View Full Version : Latest Andersons?

replayboy
10-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi Guys ( and Gals)
Well today is a good day, my new Hollow Drop Top T Anderson turned up today and its just stunning, from the personalised flame maple top in light tigers eye burst to the contours of this flyweight guitar its just great. :D

My question is, have Tom and the gang made any further tweaks to the way they make these guitars? in particular the neck, small 50's V which i honestly cant fault, its just falls into your palm. But what about the feel? has even more care gone into the rolled edges and jumbo frets? are there further ideas built in? its just great.
I know whats next... where's the photos! well as soon as i can figure how to make the photos small enough i will post some.( unless i can mail someone the pictures and they can do it and post them on this thread?)

Anyway c'mon guys are there more tweaks at the shop?:)

tom
10-13-2008, 04:36 PM
i can't say that there are particular"tweaks", we just try real hard to do our best. maybe we're talking to each other more so things are even more consistant, or maybe we're just having more fun?

guitarzan
10-13-2008, 04:51 PM
you can email the pics to me:

corey at dognmoon dot com

...and I'll post them for you.

-c

kccheers
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Corey, are you doing any of the Taylor Road Shows coming up, like Mass Street Music?

guitarzan
10-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Corey, are you doing any of the Taylor Road Shows coming up, like Mass Street Music?

I sure am. You'll get to see my ugly mug in living color. And I'll get to see the fabled Mass Street Music! :)

replayboy
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi Corey,
Thanks very much for the offer of sorting my guitar photos, i'll take you up on that. While i'm on, whats the score with the Taylor guitars roadshow? are you playing for them or something? I am looking around for a used/recent 814ce must be the version that has maple binding?
Cheers
Steve :)

guitarzan
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Corey,
Thanks very much for the offer of sorting my guitar photos, i'll take you up on that. While i'm on, whats the score with the Taylor guitars roadshow? are you playing for them or something? I am looking around for a used/recent 814ce must be the version that has maple binding?
Cheers
Steve :)

You're welcome!

Well, I do a bunch of Taylor Road Shows, but only in the states. This week there are Road Shows going on in Europe and ToneLounge is doing those. You should try to check them out, as he is the one that we all copy. :)

Yup, the 814ce is really great. I fell in love with a sunburst one last summer down at the Taylor factory. And that maple binding is great. You should check out the 816ce while you're at it. It has a little bit larger lower bout and it gives you what you love about the 814 with a little more oomph down low.

guitarzan
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM

So, KC, did you show up to the Road Show and not say hello? If you were there, I'm sorry I missed you. It woulda been nice to meet another TAG forumite and MOD50 pilot.

If you weren't there, well, you have no way of checking- so I'll just tell you that everyone who attended was in awe of my wit and wisdom. Most of them will go on to lead more virtuous and fruitful lives because of the nuggets of briliiance that I shared with them. :) See you next trip!

PS- mass st. music is a great store. I accidentally bought a Les Paul while I was there. Now all my boys want to hear me play are Crazy Train and Miracle Man.

olectric
11-06-2008, 01:17 PM
You doing any of those road shows in my neck of the woods?

Love Mass St. by the way. Good people. Enjoy your new LP!

I am (extremely im)patiently waiting for the big brown truck to bring me my new TAG. hurry up...

guitarzan
11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
You doing any of those road shows in my neck of the woods?

Love Mass St. by the way. Good people. Enjoy your new LP!

I am (extremely im)patiently waiting for the big brown truck to bring me my new TAG. hurry up...

I wish. I haven't gotten scheduled to do the Nashville shows. Which is good and bad. I've never been there so I'd love to see it. But I'm not really excited about doing a clinic for a room full of looking-for-work guitarists who are ALL better than I am. :)

Speaking of delivery dates- it looks like mine is still 3 weeks out... I'm ready, that's fo sho.

kccheers
11-06-2008, 06:52 PM
So, KC, did you show up to the Road Show and not say hello? If you were there, I'm sorry I missed you. It woulda been nice to meet another TAG forumite and MOD50 pilot.

If you weren't there, well, you have no way of checking- so I'll just tell you that everyone who attended was in awe of my wit and wisdom. Most of them will go on to lead more virtuous and fruitful lives because of the nuggets of briliiance that I shared with them. :) See you next trip!

PS- mass st. music is a great store. I accidentally bought a Les Paul while I was there. Now all my boys want to hear me play are Crazy Train and Miracle Man.

Corey, I missed this one due to business. I did talk to John Flynn telling him I'd try to make it. I saw the pix on their blog. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Sam

guitarzan
11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Corey, I missed this one due to business. I did talk to John Flynn telling him I'd try to make it. I saw the pix on their blog. Looks like a good time was had by all.

Sam

blog pics? Do you have a link? I just wanna see if I look fat...

kccheers
11-06-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.massresonator.com/