PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared to look..

Casper
10-13-2008, 07:23 AM
I left a gig in a hurry the other night and went to put my new ProAm back in the case. I forgot to remove the trem arm. I came back to the gig the next night and picked the guitar up out of the case and the arm fell out. I am imagining I broke the holder some how. This is the bridge to where you simply stick the arm in (not screw it in).Looks like a black ring or gasket around the hole?
I am planning on pulling the whole unit out when I go to restring this week to have a closer look. This ever happen to anybody??
Shaun

spitalny
10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
My TA classic (2005) had its trem arm keep falling out, Tom showed me how to adjust the tension on how snuggly the trem arm fits in the hole. There is a small set screw on my bridge. Different bridges might have the screw in different locations, Tom could tell you on your particular bridge where the screw is.

I never left my trem arm on with the guitar in the case though...that is out of my realm of experience.

good luck!

tom
10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
if there is a collar where the arm goes in, the tension screw is on there. if it is the fishman made bridge with pushin arm and no collar, the tension screw is just under the baseplate on the arm end of the block. both use a 1.5mm allen wrench.

guitarzan
10-14-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm trying to find a good case that allows me to put the guitars away and leave the trem arm in place. Anybody have a solution?

tom
10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
gig bag works for me. double gig bag even better. got a ct and an atom special both with bigsby's on'em.

Casper
10-17-2008, 06:56 AM
Whew!
I pulled the bridge assy last night while restringing. Glad to know I didn't break the collar. I just tightened the allen screw and she's ready to rock.
If the angle of the arm were like it is on my 96 Classic, I coiuld leave it on in the case.
Tom, are there other arms for this particular bridge or would any of the classic arms work?
Shaun

tom
10-17-2008, 10:56 AM
the new ones are a slightly larger diameter, so i don't know of others that fit.