PDA

View Full Version : Classic T and contours

michaelomiya
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Tom posted this on 3-25-06, "i don't know that contours make as mych difference as the body shape does. tele's hang away from your body where starts hang into your body. it's a question of where the strap attaches at the horn end. growing up it took me years to figure out that this is the reason i always felt uncomfortable with strats but liked les pauls and teles. the other issue is balance. because the horn is shorter on the tele, they cna get neck heavy easier than a strat shape." It was in reference to the ergonomics of teles and strats.

That said, I am curious as to what all of the Classic T players think about the contours on the overall tone of their Anderson teles. Can't help but "think" that less wood will effect twang tone. However, the question I've got is "how much". Also favoring ash over alder.

Comments?
thanks.
mike

Stys
09-18-2008, 02:37 PM
The T without contours has become my favorite Anderson. I
Prefer the simplicity of traditional styling.

tom
09-18-2008, 03:09 PM
i think that contours on a hollow t make a bigger tone difference than contours on a solid t. the hollowing is different. on the solid ones, i get more of a feel difference than a tonal difference. if there was tonal dif i would expect to see it in lack of bottom not spank on top.