PDA

View Full Version : M series or VA's

andersonguy
04-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi all.
I am at a pivotal point in my latest Anderson guitar. I have an Alder classic which will soon be ready. I had ordered it with VA12's and a VA23 in the bridge. Lately I have been more and more cuious about the M series pickups and have heard such great things about them. Im wondering if I should order them in my guitar instead. Does anybody out there have M's in a classic? Woud it be to dark? I have more discussions planned with Roy but thought I would hear what other fellow Andersonites would have to say.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.:confused:

AG

tom
04-09-2004, 10:59 AM
we have not done a classic with m's yet. i believe there are some on order though. we are looking forward to hearing these, as they would seem to be a great fit.

oscar100
04-10-2004, 12:10 PM
m series

without a doubt

you get chime but you get sweet phat

all pickups should be maDE this way

BrianH
04-10-2004, 05:42 PM
I've got Bill Hudson here in the shop. I'll let him chime in on the M-series, seeing that he has some knowledge in that area.

"Hey, I believe I have the first one Tom made. (Besides the extraordinarily beautiful top mine has) , the mini's can sound very strat-like to me in the single-coil mode, especially when playing it next to a Cobra S with the H* pickups. In the humbucker mode, it's another world. They is not quite as 'dark' as the H's, but there is a creamy sound that comes out, maybe of a different tmbre. A lot of this is going to be accentuated by the amp used & the settings on the amp. I play in a worship band mostly through an AC15 at church, but this guitar really shows its variety of tones through the Bogner Shiva I have at home."
Bill Hudson.

....there you have it, from the horses mouth.

andersonguy
04-10-2004, 07:40 PM
but this guitar really shows its variety of tones through the Bogner Shiva I have at home.
As you well know Brian, I do have a shiva, how perfect. LOL

:D

You may be hearing from me soon as it is ordered through you anyway.

Thanks for chiming in.

AG