PDA

View Full Version : New member of my Anderson family

coaltrain
09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
After a long wait I finally got a TAG with a Fishman bridge. This guitar was on ebay and no one bid on it. I had been looking for a TAG with a Fishman that I could swap out of with one of my non-Fishman bridges and resell it. When this Cobra Special showed up on ebay with the Fishman I thought that it would not be a good one to get because I thought that the P style pickups don’t have as much of a following as your standard humbucker Cobras do, so I let it go and no one bid on the guitar. It also didn’t help that the guy selling the guitar never sold anything on ebay and had no feedback.

To my surprise the guy re-listed the guitar the next week, so I watched to see if anyone would bid on it, no one did which confirmed my feelings that it would be a little more difficult to resell after I removed the bridge. I sat at work thinking that even if I had to dump the guitar with a low price it still would make it worth it just to get that Anderson / Fishman bridge for my DTC, so I decided to place a bid when I got home. I got distracted at home and forgot about the guitar until it was too late and the auction ended. So I looked at the closed auction and did what ebay warns not to do, I contacted the seller via email, I sent my phone number for the guy to call me if he still wants to sell the guitar.

The next day the guy calls me and we talk a while on the phone and I got the impression that he was a straight shooter and could be trusted, of course you do never know. I sent him a paypall payment wondering if I was ever going to see the guitar, but four days later the TAG showed up at my door.

I didn’t think I was going to like the guitar but the minute I plugged it in I fell in love with the P series pickups and the feel of the guitar. Even my wife came in to the room and said that the guitar sounded fantastic, and she never says anything about stuff like that. The plain look of the guitar has grown on me and I get a lot of comments on it when I take it out. So I have decided to leave the guitar as is and keep it as it fills a void in my tone arsenal.

An interesting note is that the guitar does not have, or has never had, a pick guard on it as far as I can tell, there are no screw holes in the body. I did a serial number search on it and it says that it did have a ½ guard. The serial number is 09-12-06a.

the new addition is the one on the right, of course I am sure you figured it out as it is the only Cobra in the photo and the only guitar with P series pickups ;)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/70NovaSS/guitars/IMG_1561.jpg

tom
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
sometimes people order them with the pg but don't want it installed, like they want the choice of adding it later.
that's a very nice sonic assortment you have there.

dannopelli
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Cool! You can get a lot covered with those three!

coaltrain
09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
This is the whole family, these days called a "blended family". The strat on the end is a real one, the tele is a reissue that I changed the pickups on. I have a real soft spot for bound body tele guitars.

BTW, the gold TAG is a former GOW.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k304/70NovaSS/guitars/IMG_1562.jpg