PDA

View Full Version : Difference b/t Va1 and VA 5 p/u

FFOGG
08-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Can someone explain the difference to me ????

I see a Classic on the Bay with VA 5 p/u 's both my Hollow T and my Classic have VA 1's ......are these VA 5's hotter ??????? more sustain ???? more distortion ????????

LearnedHand
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
This is a good question. With so many "numbers" of pick-ups in the different categories, I think a sticky needs to be posted in the technical section of this forum.

stevem7
08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
I know there's lots of information about VA-5s here in previous posts but the Search function on this Magdon Music page isn't the sweetest thing in the world. It's just clocking on me whenever I do an advanced search on "va-5" right now, but that could be the firewall I'm behind at work. I know I've been able to find lots of information by using this in the past, though.
Try and do a search on "pickups" and wade through the results. I think just searching "VA5" might be too short of a search term or something.

FFOGG
08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
http://community.webshots.com/album/565432380VKwnuq

Model - Classic
Body Finish - Tobacco Burst
Body Wood - Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple
Neck Finish - Satin Finish, Tinted Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Medium
Back Shape - .030 inch oversized
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard - White Single Ply
Pickups - VA5
Switching - 5 Way, Pull Adds Neck, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings

i WANT TO MAKE THIS INTO A REPLACEMENT FOR MY CLAPTON :) of which I love the sound but just is not an Anderson in terms of comfort and weight any thoughts on pickups ?????????

FFOGG
08-13-2008, 05:28 PM
MY present classic has these specs :
Model - Classic
Body Finish - Black
Body Wood - Alder
Neck Wood - Hard Rock Maple
Neck Finish - Satin Finish, Tinted Back
Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in
Frets - Heavy
Back Shape -
Hardware - Chrome
Bridge - Vintage Tremolo
Pickguard - Aged White
Pickups - VA1 VA1R VA12
Switching - 5 Way, Pull Adds Bridge, Vintage Voicing
Strings - .010-.046 Elixir strings
Comments -

BFTS

FFOGG
08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I got the guitar really according to the seller ....."I also purchased the TA Booster switch, ($150) , but had not installed as yet. I will include with this purchase." What is this exactly does this switch do ???????????

....................I do hear a difference b/t the P/U in the classics more vintage or Fendery comes to mind ..I was going to install :) Kinman Woodstocks but they can wait