PDA

View Full Version : The silent one

jimmieb
04-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Dear Anderson Forum,

Can Roy(maybe) come out to play? Clever play on words, huh?

Jimmie B

Hey Roy how's my guitar bakin'? When the push/pull tone knob pops up, Does that mean it's ready? I know it's not due till July, but have you felt it kick yet? Whisper to him, Daddy can't wait to see you in July! I'm just trying to be clever and miss a little electronic banter from you. Hope all is well with you. Did you ever get Tom to go for the Anderson logo sock cap. (As Jim brings this up knowing it will cause all to say, "Yeah, what about that Anderson swag.") Yes I am a relentless manipulator and at times evil.

Peace,
Jimmie B:eek:

Ask me a Beatles trivia question, k ?

Roy (maybe)
04-06-2004, 01:13 AM
I asked my Tom and he says I can come out to play for just a bit—and then it is back to work.

If you like to talk with me, I humbly thank you. Keep reading Guitar of the Week; it should be just like sitting on my knee while listening to an Anderson adventure story.

But I know you need more so here’s another bit of inside Andy info: Michael Britt from the band Lone Star borrowed a “Test Unit” Crowdster to finish up their acoustic tour. I think he quite liked it because after only a few days he ordered his very own in Tiger Eye and asked if he could keep the “tester” awhile longer. In fact, some might even say he was freakin’ out. Anyway, be looking for the whole unabridged version in an upcoming Guitar of the Week—but we have to make his Crowdster first. Yes, even the stars have to wait—wood just will not be rushed, no matter how much we all wish it.

Beatle trivia huh? Who played the lead solo on Taxman?

Maybe

michaelomiya
04-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Roy (maybe)
I asked my Tom and he says I can come out to play for just a bit—and then it is back to work.

Maybe

ahhh, that would be Paul Mac!

taxman musical analysis (http://www.icce.rug.nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/t.html)

oops, hope I didn't answer out of turn....:D

mwoeppel
04-06-2004, 08:04 AM
And that swag?

mark

pluto
04-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by michaelomiya
ahhh, that would be Paul Mac!

taxman musical analysis (http://www.icce.rug.nl/~soundscapes/DATABASES/AWP/t.html)

oops, hope I didn't answer out of turn....:D

Beat me to it. Great song but I don't know about the solo. Here's another taxman trivia (it's not very difficult)-The riff in Taxman was ripped off by Pete Weller in which song by the Jam?

Stys
04-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Speaking of the Beatles - has anyone heard George Harrison's slide work on Alvin Lee's, "The Bluest Blues"? Incredible. Alvin Lee sounds equally incredible - perhaps one of the best blues instrumentals ever recorded. Check it out.

jimmieb
04-07-2004, 01:18 AM
[If you like to talk with me, I humbly thank you. Keep reading Guitar of the Week; it should be just like sitting on my knee while listening to an Anderson adventure story.

Roy,

Honestly, after our little talk at Namm I have been wanting to talk more. Your a fun, great guy we all enjoy the travels and adventures of Anderson and Company, and your chronicles by way of GOTW. You know you guys travel so and lead such exciting lifes where do you find time to built guitars? After talking with you I believe you must be extra-terrestrial. It certainly would explain alot. How else could you know so much about tonewood and it's timbral implications to the guitar. As for the sitting on the knee, I'm much too large a man. You might suffer serious injury, I will be content to sit at your feet, metaphorically speaking.
As for waiting for the perfect timing of the tone-wood, we will built no Andie before it's time... I love the anticipation; to breathe in the fresh smell of a newly sprayed finish, to glide the pads of the fingers over the glass like stainless frets, to listen to the voice of that unique piece of wood, to boldly ROCK WERE NO MAN
HAS ROCKED BEFORE... yikes am I a little over the top? It makes it all worth it to save those hard earned dollars, to go without, to even strarve if necessary, nay... just charge it...
Tell Tom thank you for letting you out... until later "nanoo-nanoo", and "right arm plasma" (right on blood). This earthling bids you farwell.

Jimmie B